Home – New Forums Money matters Accountant Costs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    trakka
    • Total posts: 25
    Up
    ::

Can anyone give me a rough idea of an hourly rate for seeing an Accountant for advice on business structures etc etc. Does this amount change depending on the type of the advice/information you require?

I am trying to get an idea before I meet a prospective Accountant this week.

Thanks.

Tracy

CruzAccountant
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

Tracy

Some accountants may provide you with your first consultation for free. Accountant’s rates may vary depending on firm size, qualification (CA or CPA), and experience. You can always call up beforehand and ask how much a 1/2 hour appointment costs.

Feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance.

Richard

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up
    trakka, post: 35762 wrote:
    Can anyone give me a rough idea of an hourly rate for seeing an Accountant for advice on business structures etc etc. Does this amount change depending on the type of the advice/information you require?

I am trying to get an idea before I meet a prospective Accountant this week.

Thanks.

Tracy

As a guide – you should probably expect to pay between $200 and $300 per hour for structural taxation advice. If you are intending on starting a very simple small business then be wary of overly complex structures and suggestions. I would not recommend multiple entity arrangements for something like a milk bar (as an example). Keep it simple unless there is a very compelling case for the contrary.

If you think your business is fairly simple then post up some detail here and you’ll likely receive some good general advice from a number of the resident accountants.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    akagrp
    • Total posts: 315
    Up

Hello Tracy

James is around the market, it also depends where the accountant is located aswell, as many CBD based firms can charge as high as $460ph for a partner

As James said post your query here to see if we can be of assistance, as we do love helping small biz like yourself that is why many of us have joined FS.

If you do not wish to post in the live forum feel free you use Ask the Advisor on our website http://www.akagroup.com.au/about/ask_your_advisor
    free of charge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.