Home – New Forums Money matters Accountant in Brisbane/Ipswich for company setup.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shizzlemoo
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all,
    I have a business which I operate as a sole trader. Due to a change in my personal circumstances I now require it to be a separate legal entity thus need to change to a company. I am after recommendations for an accountant or lawyer in the Brisbane area….south or west side, closer to Ipswich the better, who is thorough and doesnt overcharge.

It’s only small business and doesn’t bring in huge amounts of money, more a side business ATM. I work full time with that income to support myself while i grow my business but because of a recent diagnosis I may need assistance from the government for a while during treatment so I can cut back to part time but with the business under my name the income is considered as personal income on the income assessment despite the fact all earnings go back into the business.

It’s kind of messy but I need it done urgently as my health is getting worse. Hope this made sense lol, have just worked 24hrs in 36 so the brain is a little fried.

If there is anyone who you recommend who is in another area I would be happy to work with them via email to set it up, my only concern is that it is done correctly and preferably isn’t going to cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks all,
    Bel

Just Launch
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Hi Bel,

We are more than happy to assist if you set up a new structure.

I have sent you a PM with further details.

John Whale CA

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Bel,

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re unwell :(

I’m sure others will chime in shortly to offer recommendations or join John in putting themselves forward for consideration, but in the meantime, you might like to take a browse through the accountants in our directory.

All the best to you, and I hope you are feeling better soon,
    Jayne

AGMBris
    • Total posts: 319
    Up

Hi

So sorry to hear your health is not good, I hope things get better for you soon!

We use Royce at TSI (previously Gordon Mendes), based in Orion Shopping Centre, Springfield Lakes. 0734701111

Good luck with this and your health.

Chris Brodie
    • Total posts: 94
    Up
    Shizzlemoo, post: 125768 wrote:
    Hi all,
    I have a business which I operate as a sole trader. Due to a change in my personal circumstances I now require it to be a separate legal entity thus need to change to a company. I am after recommendations for an accountant or lawyer in the Brisbane area….south or west side, closer to Ipswich the better, who is thorough and doesnt overcharge.

It’s only small business and doesn’t bring in huge amounts of money, more a side business ATM. I work full time with that income to support myself while i grow my business but because of a recent diagnosis I may need assistance from the government for a while during treatment so I can cut back to part time but with the business under my name the income is considered as personal income on the income assessment despite the fact all earnings go back into the business.

It’s kind of messy but I need it done urgently as my health is getting worse. Hope this made sense lol, have just worked 24hrs in 36 so the brain is a little fried.

If there is anyone who you recommend who is in another area I would be happy to work with them via email to set it up, my only concern is that it is done correctly and preferably isn’t going to cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks all,
    Bel

Hi Bel,

I know you are looking for an accountant in the Brisbane area and I hope you are sucessful in your search.
    In reading your message I think you may need to do some more research before you establish a company and think that will remove the income from yourself. Commonly when you fill out a form for government assistance you are required to disclose any details of shareholdings and directorships and then this is taken into account before any entitlement is determined. Please do your research before you go to the expense of establishing a company that may not give you the desired result.

Wishing you all the very best with your health and business.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.