Home – New Forums Find the help you need Accountant needed for crowd funding venture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brooker
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

I’m very new to small business – I’m trying to start one while still at uni which has been a very interesting experience.

At the moment I’m making an online resource and an app which both have crowd funding potential. I’m looking to put the website on pozible.com as a toe-in-the-water job and to put the app on kickstarter.com

To my knowledge posting on Kickstarter will require me to form an LLC. I have the resources and contacts in the states to do this so this isn’t too great an issue.

However I’m not 100% sure of the tax implications of using an American business as a middleman of sorts between kickstarter and my aussie based app. The app and website are both underway but I have not formally started by business in Aus yet.

I’m looking for an accountant in the Melbourne area who can help me set up my business here and also talk me through the crowd funding situation. I’m fairly sure that this is quite an unusual request so I am looking for someone who is a bit creative and hopefully with some experience with startups.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Victor Brooker

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Victor,

Welcome to Flying Solo :)

It sounds like an exciting time for you. We’ll put a shout out on Twitter and Facebook and see if we can rustle up someone to help.

Good luck with it!
    Jayne

Brooker
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hey Jayne,

Thanks for your help! It’s definitely exciting but I can wait until its gets a bit less busy! (prob a while off though!)

Thanks,

Victor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.