Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Accountants feedback appreciated regarding marketing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    insightbpa
    • Total posts: 25
    Up
    ::

Hi all,
    Hoping for some input regarding an email marketing campaign I’m working on. I feel I need to preface this by saying that this is a genuine question, not a sales pitch (that’s what the emails will be for) and that any input from accountants or marketing gurus would be greatly appreciated.
    So the campaign will be aimed at accounts to promote our white label analysis services. The benefits to the accountants (as I see them) are as follows:
    – You can offer your clients extra services while you focus on core business
    – You can increase billable hours or manage peak times without hiring extra staff
    – We are not accountants or business advisors (i.e. not your competition) but analysts with a business banking background (very useful for clients wanting reports/analysis for lending applications, feasibility studies, etc)
    I’m planning on sending cold emails to firms who state they offer business advisory services, which will be from my personal business email address (not an admin@ email) and will be conversational in tone and, I hope, not too salesy cheeseball.
    So with that general overview my specific questions are:
    1. What benefit(s) would grab your attention and get you to open and read my email (or am I completely off track and does none of it interest you?)
    2. What objections/specific questions would you like to see addressed in the email
    Of course any other relevant feedback would be greatly appreciated also.
    Thanks in advance,
    Natalie

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi Natalie,

I feel it will be hard to gain traction because it is hard to get anyone’s attention via email if you do not know them.

Have you considered more conventional methods like networking and advertising in trade publications?

insightbpa
    Up

Hi Paul,
    We actually find email campaigns work really well for us (as part of our broader marketing strategy) – and that we actually get a better return than with, say, standard ads in trade publications.
    My question was not so much aimed at “do you think cold emails will work”, but more “what do accountants view as the most interesting aspects of this service offering” so that I can fine tune my copy more effectively. I was hoping some of the accountants on here would be kind enough to offer some feedback.
    I’d be interested to hear other peoples experiences with email marketing though – In my experience, it is very valuable and extremely cost effective, but it’s also very important to have the right message and delivery. For anyone else looking into this sort of marketing, I found this podcast (no affiliation) very helpful – http://www.hotcopypodcast.com/e49-email-subject-lines/.

The Profit People
    • Total posts: 76
    Up

Hi Natalie, Have been an accountant for a number of years and have a few comments for you.

1. ATO have introduced a new way of lodging Tax return and is integrating technology for better data mining and information gathering. So you could mention that even the ATO ar seeing that data analysis is the way of the future
    2. It has been talked about for some time that the ATO will be phasing out the Individual returns so accountants will lose that income stream at some point. So you could refer to that as a reason to add your service as a replacement income source
    3. Not sure how you could swing this but there is a ongoing requirement for accountants to keep up their CPD (continuous Prorefessional Deveolopmemnt). If you can get a course of yours CPD compliant and offer them FREE CPD points. It will allow you to get in front of them, explain what your product does, build a relationship and go from there.
    4. There are a couple of Facebook groups for Accountants that you might want to join and ask a a few people feedback on your product as well.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Cheers

insightbpa
    Up

Hey Profit People,
    Thanks for your suggestions. Points 1 and 2 hit the nail on the head as to why we are branching into white label services, so it’s nice to hear those sentiments being echoed.
    Love your suggestion in Point 3. Not where we are right now, but certainly something to let brew in the back of my mind for the future.

Alan Maddick
    • Total posts: 410
    Up

Personally I will not read any email unless it is from a client. Even if the subject line says my office is burning down. As Accountants we get so much rubbish even emails from “good” places like the ATO or our industry associations commonly hit over 100 per week its ridiculous. Outlook filters it all out very well.

Quotenamic
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Hi Natalie, we’re already engaged in outreach to accountants in what seems like a model that may have some synergies with what you’re doing. Feel free to get in touch either here or on Linkedin, perhaps there is an opportunity for us to work together.

Cheers
    Damon

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    insightbpa, post: 250169, member: 97629 wrote:
    Hi Paul,
    We actually find email campaigns work really well for us (as part of our broader marketing strategy) – and that we actually get a better return than with, say, standard ads in trade publications.
    My question was not so much aimed at “do you think cold emails will work”, but more “what do accountants view as the most interesting aspects of this service offering” so that I can fine tune my copy more effectively. I was hoping some of the accountants on here would be kind enough to offer some feedback.
    I’d be interested to hear other peoples experiences with email marketing though – In my experience, it is very valuable and extremely cost effective, but it’s also very important to have the right message and delivery. For anyone else looking into this sort of marketing, I found this podcast (no affiliation) very helpful – http://www.hotcopypodcast.com/e49-email-subject-lines/.
    The podcast you linked to features one of our very own members here at Flying Solo [USER=13406]@Kate Toon[/USER]
    insightbpa
    Up
    Alan Maddick, post: 251070, member: 10325 wrote:
    Personally I will not read any email unless it is from a client. Even if the subject line says my office is burning down. As Accountants we get so much rubbish even emails from “good” places like the ATO or our industry associations commonly hit over 100 per week its ridiculous. Outlook filters it all out very well.
    Hi Alan,
    Thanks for your response. I totally agree – Accountants are bombarded with a lot of “noise” on a daily basis from a lot of different sources (I subscribe to a lot of them myself), and email as a medium isn’t going to reach everyone.
    I would love to know what, in your personal experience, you would consider being an effective way of reaching out to accountants about new services?
    insightbpa
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 251086, member: 78928 wrote:
    The podcast you linked to features one of our very own members here at Flying Solo [USER=13406]@Kate Toon[/USER]
    Hey Paul – Yes, I actually realised that after I posted the comment – Love her work!
    insightbpa
    Up
    Quotenamic, post: 251077, member: 100325 wrote:
    Hi Natalie, we’re already engaged in outreach to accountants in what seems like a model that may have some synergies with what you’re doing. Feel free to get in touch either here or on Linkedin, perhaps there is an opportunity for us to work together.

Cheers
    Damon
    Cheers Damon – I’ll be in touch.

Quotenamic
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

I look forward to hearing from you Natalie. You can just send an email to [email protected] if it is easier.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.