Home – New Forums Money matters Accounting Program?? which one

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    blueute
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi, my partner is an contractor for a courier company, he receives payment based on kms and how many jobs he does a day, he also has a voluntary agreement for tax liability, he also have insurance thru them which is deducated from his payments

What would be the best package to suit his needs

#payments in
    #expenses
    #log book
    # tax

thanks

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

Have you looked at MYOB Accounting Software @ http://myob.com.au

if money is an issue you could use Microsoft Excel

Keep us posted

Cheers
    Corey

Sunnys
    • Total posts: 64
    Up
    blueute, post: 118352 wrote:
    Hi, my partner is an contractor for a courier company, he receives payment based on kms and how many jobs he does a day, he also has a voluntary agreement for tax liability, he also have insurance thru them which is deducated from his payments

#payments in
    #expenses
    #log book
    # tax

thanks

I suggest check out cloud accounting programs like SAASU or XERO, you only pay a monthly fee as compared to upfront cost of buying the software outright. Also these programs have different levels of price subscriptions depending on the volume of your monthly transactions and can get free trails to check them out.
    There is also a free cloud accounting program – google “wave accounting” it might be worthwhile to check it out and might serve the purpose.

Good Luck!

TehCamel
    • Total posts: 873
    Up

i second sunny – Look at Saasu, Xero or MyobLive.

I’ve had my wife look over Saasu, MyobLive, Quickbooks and Myob Premium (she’s going to be taking care of it eventually, so I think it’s important she understands how it works) and she much prefers myoblive – it’s more basic, and better suited to smaller traders.

I don’t think it’s quite the right decision for us (missing intl. currency for a start)

Myob Premier and Quickbooks are very heavy. Both Saasu and MyobLive would work on an ipad.
    what I haven’t seen either of them do out of the box though, is Travel log..

yo ucan get saasu for as little as $9.00 per month.

nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

If you need an answer for:

#payments in
    #expenses
    # tax

See my signature for an alternative solution.
    You should be able to track km’s as a “selling item” or even in a timesheet.

Campbell
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

#payments in
    #expenses
    #log book
    # tax

thanks

Hi

I concur that the cloud based accounting systems are definitely what you should be looking at. As an accountant that has used and evaluated multiple systems you won’t regret it!

We are a 100% Xero firm but that is not saying that other products are substandard. I really like Saasu too. I’d suggest signing up to a couple of free trials and seeing what you are comfortable with.

If you like Xero then I’d be happy to show you the program in more depth and talk to you about your requirements.

Regards

Campbell
    mi-fi

steve201
    Participant
    • Total posts: 280
    Up

Hi,

MYOB Live Accounts , Saasu or Xero are probably the cloud software solutions to consider.

I would be having a look at the trials to see which one suits best.

The idea should be to able to keep orderly records in a manner you can access for multiple locations at short notice.

You can use a desktop system, but you will have to maintain all your bookkeeping records in one specific computer location.

Good luck.

Steven Thomas CPA

Richy
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

If your requirement is very small, maybe Excel will do.

Another likely Cloud based contender is under my signature, you can take a look as well.

Happy searching…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.