Home – New Forums Money matters Accounting software for small business

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Nwilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Everyone manages their business accounts some do manually and some do it automatically or with some help of some software. So guys what you think about which accounting software is best for you?
    Thanks

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

I use MYOB and am happy with it.

Ignore any advise you get from an accountant or book keeper, although in all seriousness they are the best placed to advise on this subject. But most get commissions or some other bonus for selling you a product, so their advise in this case is not whats best for you, rather what is best for their pocket.

Prajenot
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

I’ve used AccountsPortal for over 7 years now and have found it easy to use, affordable at £10 per month and syncs up well so everything is automated. Anyway do your research and you should find one that suits you well. Any questions let me know.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Prajenot, post: 272015, member: 116233 wrote:
    I’ve used AccountsPortal for over 7 years now and have found it easy to use, affordable at £10 per month and syncs up well so everything is automated. Anyway do your research and you should find one that suits you well. Any questions let me know.

Interesting, but does it support GST and Australian tax requirements, etc, etc

Chris-K
    Participant
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Hi [USER=116344]@Nwilson[/USER] . Well as a Virtual CFO I’m not affiliated with any of them and I have to say that any of the major accounting software packages like Xero, MYOB and Quickbooks are all top rate. They are very similar and have all the latest tech to make your life easier and are up to date with all the local tax requirements.

The harder question is what does the reporting say about the state of your business that you may not already know.

Emywilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Use Xero software I get recommended from various of references.

Emywilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

My recommendation Intuit QuickBooks. In specification functionality, simple user interface, effective pricing, and lack of complication saw QuickBooks find favour also handily beat out Xero, and MYOB while leaving Reckon as a distant runner-up.

Tom Gould
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

I’m glad I found a forum where everyone is so open about their experiences.
    It’s really helpful for me and I’ve already found several answers to my questions thanks to your forum!

Stop using the help of freelancers that don't know how to deal with your tasks, get online assignment help only from a professionals!
    joelt@jtechwebdesign
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

I’m using Zoho Invoicing at the moment since its free. It allows me to do everything I want with the only hassle being the branding on the emails I send through the software but otherwise if you were to download and use should be fine. Although I do plan on moving to Quickbooks in the future or Xero as they are pretty good options AFAIK.

nick.cte
    Participant
    Up

Zoho Books works really well for me for 2 companies. It integrates easily with Zoho CRM and all other Zoho products and my wife also finds the interface very easy and intuitive.

Maria Pantalone
    Participant
    Up

I use Xero and am happy with it. Hope this helps.

James Armstrong
    Participant
    Up

Disclaimer: I’m not an accountant or bookkeeper. I’m just a solo with quoting, invoicing, accounts records, bank reconciliation and BAS needs.
    I researched a dozen programs and shortlisted Zoho Books and Manager (https://www.manager.io) because I felt their AU/Tax Invoice/BAS/GST compatibility was the best (and were affordable for me as a solo).
    I trialed both programs in parallel for a month and much preferred Manager’s interface, online tutorials, scalable features, and customisable templates (assuming you know basic HTML).
    If I’d needed a browser-based platform (i.e. accessible from anywhere) I would have chosen a Zoho subscription (Manager was a bit pricey for the browser-based/enterprise version). But, incredibly, Manager offers a single-user desktop-based download (perfect for solos) for free. Been using Manager since Jan 2022 and have found it exceptional.

alexsmith468547
    Participant
    Up

What is cheapest small business accounting software?
    Wave Accounting is the best free accounting solution for most freelancers, contractors, and other small-business owners. While it has fewer financial reports than other accounting systems, it’s perfect if you juggle multiple businesses, want to add multiple users, or need unlimited expense tracking.

liamricci
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Also looking for a reliable software

Scarlett74
    Participant
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

I am using Carta for account and Delimiti for MS word file document automation and PDF file to word documentation in my online business daily routine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.