Home Forums Starting your journey Accoutant Freelancer – how to find my first client?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    eve_med
    • Total posts: 2

I am fairly new to Flying solo website or freelancing/working for myself world, however this is a direction I want to take and I hope I can get some suggestions/tips from people who knows where to start.

I am qualified accountant with over 7 years of management and accounting experience. I am currently working for CFO firm, providing accounting and CFO services to small business who grow rapidly but cannot afford having full time CFO on their payroll but in need of commercial advise & general bookkeeping.

My clients vary from medical clinics to financial planning firms. I am also specialized in advertising & media agencies, fashion online & retail stores.

I would like to start working for myself – providing accounting services to small business or even individuals but I don’t know where to look for clients or how to market myself.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance,
    Eve

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,541

Welcome aboard Eve!

I’d recommend this short article by Michael Port: http://www.bookyourselfsolid.com/small-business-marketing-advice/the-only-7-things-you-need-to-do-if-starting-your-business-today/

To simplify, I’d go with:
    1) Decide who exactly to serve (specific enough to find them in a phone book or online)
    2) Get in touch with as many as you can and have a conversation.

You’ll either make sales, or adjust your targeting or service based on the feedback.

Good luck!

Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.