Home – New Forums Selling online Ace sales person needed

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #990601
    MaraRoberts
    Member
    • Total posts: 39
    Up
    0
    ::

    Can anyone here recommend an ace sales person that they have actually used and recommend for commission based lead follow-ups?

    #1177807
    3ntr3pr3n3ur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 46
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Mara,

    What are you selling and what avenue are you expecting sales to be made?!

    Regards,

    Alan

    #1177808
    Jenny Spring
    Member
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    0
    ::

    Mara
    I can almost guarantee that an ‘ace’ salesperson won’t work for commission only. If they are good, they’ll be well employed on a high base with uncapped commission.

    What kind of products are you selling? Wholesale? Are you after a sales agent?

    Jenny

    #1177809
    3ntr3pr3n3ur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 46
    Up
    0
    ::
    Jenny Spring, post: 207651 wrote:
    Mara
    I can almost guarantee that an ‘ace’ salesperson won’t work for commission only. If they are good, they’ll be well employed on a high base with uncapped commission.

    What kind of products are you selling? Wholesale? Are you after a sales agent?

    Jenny

    Jenny, I wouldn’t be so sure to write off any sort of skill set / relationship in the entrepreneurial world….

    I enquired as I have a successful sales background and if the request was ‘commission only’ then this suggests you work when you want – to achieve the commissions you want – which would appear I may be able to work it round some things I’m playing with at the moment….

    #1177810
    MatthewKeath
    Member
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    0
    ::
    3ntr3pr3n3ur, post: 207652 wrote:
    Jenny, I wouldn’t be so sure to write off any sort of skill set / relationship in the entrepreneurial world….

    I enquired as I have a successful sales background and if the request was ‘commission only’ then this suggests you work when you want – to achieve the commissions you want – which would appear I may be able to work it round some things I’m playing with at the moment….Commission only sales pops up all the time in small business because small business see it as a fix to their sales issue without having to put money down. No risk …

    In certain industries sure – for example if I was the owner of a large car lot with hot leads coming onto the lot every day, you would be able to find a comm only sales person no worries – and they would get sales.

    Most small businesses are not the right fit for comm only. And comm only is certainly not a fix to cash flow.

    #1177811
    Gizmo
    Member
    • Total posts: 731
    Up
    0
    ::
    MatthewKeath, post: 207678 wrote:
    Commission only sales pops up all the time in small business because small business see it as a fix to their sales issue without having to put money down. No risk …

    In certain industries sure – for example if I was the owner of a large car lot with hot leads coming onto the lot every day, you would be able to find a comm only sales person no worries – and they would get sales.

    Most small businesses are not the right fit for comm only. And comm only is certainly not a fix to cash flow.

    Some good points.
    But I would add that it can work in any industry, it just depends on the person doing the sales. For example that person may have very good contacts that fit the target market and may be able to easily make good commissions beyond what a base pay would get him or her.

    #1177812
    MatthewKeath
    Member
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    0
    ::
    Gizmo, post: 207686 wrote:
    Some good points.
    But I would add that it can work in any industry, it just depends on the person doing the sales. For example that person may have very good contacts that fit the target market and may be able to easily make good commissions beyond what a base pay would get him or her.I agree.

    I guess it comes down to the product or service.

    #1177813
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    0
    ::

    Enjoying this post :)

    Such an open ended question re commission sales person, rodeo silly without OP getting back re what they are selling? Service based/product based etc.

    Lots more info may help you potentially nab a person though…

    Eg.. I use a local furniture agent along with a general rep for another product I do, although they tend to specialise making a recommendation quite hard without knowing where I am sending them.

    Look forward to more add ons.
    Jason

    Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    #1177814
    Gizmo
    Member
    • Total posts: 731
    Up
    0
    ::
    MatthewKeath, post: 207693 wrote:
    I agree.

    I guess it comes down to the product or service.

    Not quite what I meant.

    It comes down to the seller and whether they have easy access to an ideal target market.

    If they do then a commission only role could be well worth their time.

    #1177815
    Brooke Curline
    Member
    • Total posts: 120
    Up
    0
    ::
    Gizmo, post: 207699 wrote:
    Not quite what I meant.

    It comes down to the seller and whether they have easy access to an ideal target market.

    If they do then a commission only role could be well worth their time.

    Hi,
    I am a commission only sales person, although I will only work commission only for warm territories. If you require Business Development for a new product/business, this is an entirely different beast – I charge a retainer for Business Development as this is a costly / time consuming exercise. I have very good contacts in lots of different fields although it can still take 3 months to really get something going for a new business / product.
    Good luck.
    Brooke Curline

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.