Home – New Forums Starting your journey ACN & ABN and Trading names

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jason_books
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone

I do have an ACN, and I will apply for an ABN, BUT the thing is i want my Trading name to be different from ACN name,, Can i do that

To be honest what happen was, I registered an ACN while ago, and I decided to focus on one business that is not the name of the ACN,,, and now i am not sure i can do that or not

and also where I register my Trading name, (I am in Victoria – but this is an online store) is it when i register my ABN,, or do you guys think i should register my ACN again or change the name of my ACN better than looking for trouble with different trading name?

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Jason,

You can register a trading name that suits the current activities of your company and “trade as” that.

Steve

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Howdy Jason

Firstly, welcome… and if you trade online feel free to drop your store details into your signature.. we all love being ‘sticky beaks’ or should that be learning about our fellow community members? :D

Re your ACN.. yes, a company (or ACN) is an entity unto its own and can have a trading name as per Steves comment.. So yes you certainly can register a trading name so you can operate as “Jasons Books” or you can display it as ‘ACN t/as Jasons Books” with the ACN being the owner of the trading as name..

You can register it nationally (which i believe to be the new process) via the ASIC web site (click here) and also check name availability etc.

Hope that answers some of your queries and hope it helps you out…

Have a good one… and if need more info there are lots more knowledgeable people on here that can assist you even further..

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Jason_books
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 151757 wrote:
    Hi Jason,

You can register a trading name that suits the current activities of your company and “trade as” that.

Steve

Hi Steve, Thank you for your help

where i register a Trading name?

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Jason_books, post: 151765 wrote:

Hi Steve, Thank you for your help

where i register a Trading name?

Jason it is in my post above yours..

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 151763 wrote:
    You can register it nationally (which i believe to be the new process) via the ASIC web site (click here) and also check name availability etc.

Steve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.