Home – New Forums Starting your journey Acquiring Trading Accounts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dean01
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I am requesting info from any of you who have attempted to open accounts with large sporting manufacturers i.e. Adidas, Nike etc. in Australia for sourcing product.

How easy/difficult is it? What are some of their expectations on volumes?

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi and Welcome to the Forums Dean!

You have asked some great questions. I hope you get the answers you are looking for from our helpful members.

Cheers

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up

Hi Dean,

Welcome. Opening accounts with any large suppliers is pretty much the same regardless of product.

Some companies make you go through a period of pay on delivery, or pay on order prior to allowing a 30 day account application.

Some just ask you to complete the application process, with references and credit checks (Credit checks will show up on your credit file, if you are a sole trader or directors guarantee)

Most of them do not have a restriction on volumes especially if they have pay on delivery set.

EXAMPLE: My husband sells wheels and tyres, big brand names direct from the wholesaler, he preferred the pay on order method to start, but after 6 months, the company offered him a 30 day account, which allowed him to buy more stock to sell. He does not have any volume control issues, he orders what he needs to keep stock levels up, or if a new style comes out.

My business has many 30 day trading accounts with suppliers, which I had no option to have, and to start I had to go with a directors guarantee on my application.

Personally for me I try to avoid the 30 day accounts as it’s easier for me for cash flow to pay as I go, but that’s my preference :)

Dean01
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Thanks Mischelle,

The info you have provided is quite valuable. My dilemma is whether they would want to supply rather than the providing a 30 day account.

Only one way to find out……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.