Home – New Forums Money matters Ad-hoc Xero support

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    TwoFeet
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

I’m a Xero Accounting user. I’m a sole trader and my finances and invoices are really straight forward and I’m able manage them easily on my own without the need for a bookeeper or accountant (except for my EOFY wrap up).

However, every now and then, I come up against something that stumps me. For example, I’ve just done some work for a client and they will be reimbursing me for travel and accommodation costs. Problem is, I’m not sure how to handle this in Xero.

So, I’m looking for someone (accountant? bookeeper?) who is skilled in Xero who can provide Xero support for me on an ad-hoc basis. Everyone I’ve found so far charges an ongoing monthly fee but this is overkill for me – I have only a handful of questions a year.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly, greatly appreciated (I’m getting desperate – I’m holding off invoicing this client because I don’t know what to do…and it’s been a month since I’ve finished the job).

Thanks in advance,
    Suze.

StellarScott
    • Total posts: 239
    Up

Hi Twofeet

I would always recommend you have an ongoing relationship with your accountant/ professional book keeper eg they might see something from a numbers point of view that you dont, just because thats what we are experts in.

In terms of invoicing travel invoice them as normal in terms of GST (If thats your concern). If you have this regularly you may want to set up a new account for travel reimbursement so its not lost in true sales

In terms of ongoing issues you might want to post here or pm one of the people who contribute to these boards. Im sure simple one off questions will be happily answered

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Suze,

There are some real Xero fanatics around here, so I’m sure they’ll pop out of the woodwork shortly – we’ll put a shout out on Twitter and Facebook to give them a nudge.

Welcome aboard.
    Jayne

quakebookkeeping
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Suze,

We can defiantly assist you with your Xero based questions on a small pay per question fee. I have sent a private message to you.

Thanks

Chris
    Quake Bookkeeping

Campbell
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Suze

Qualified accountant and certified Xero partner. Happy to help with ad-hoc questions free of charge.

Please private message me for my direct email if I can assist.

Regards

Campbell

nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 69830 wrote:
    There are some real Xero fanatics around here…/QUOTE]

You said it, LOL :-)

Tergeste
    • Total posts: 65
    Up
    TwoFeet, post: 69793 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

I’m a Xero Accounting user. I’m a sole trader and my finances and invoices are really straight forward and I’m able manage them easily on my own without the need for a bookeeper or accountant (except for my EOFY wrap up).

However, every now and then, I come up against something that stumps me. For example, I’ve just done some work for a client and they will be reimbursing me for travel and accommodation costs. Problem is, I’m not sure how to handle this in Xero.

So, I’m looking for someone (accountant? bookeeper?) who is skilled in Xero who can provide Xero support for me on an ad-hoc basis. Everyone I’ve found so far charges an ongoing monthly fee but this is overkill for me – I have only a handful of questions a year.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly, greatly appreciated (I’m getting desperate – I’m holding off invoicing this client because I don’t know what to do…and it’s been a month since I’ve finished the job).

Thanks in advance,
    Suze.

Suze I maybe able to help, I have been working with many different accounting software ( I am also an accountant) I don’t use Xero much but I can get around software fairly easily. Where are you located? BTW I charge by the hour…The solution is simple actually..

Dave@SCBA
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hi Suze,

I’m an accountant too and cant get enough of Xero, (we’re only number 2 on the Xero partners list!! Trying to chase down number 1!!)

By the sounds of it your questions aren’t all that frequent and arent too brain draining, so im happy to help just send me a private message.

Dave

Dardee
    • Total posts: 430
    Up

I’m a Silver Xero bookkeeper partner. Happy to answer any questions you may have.

You might find you just need an hour or so training and then you will be right. I have done this a number of times for people and I never hear from them after that.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Suze,

We put a shout out about your request on Twitter and Facebook, and received this reply from @makemblog:

Suze, email me, I can help. [email protected] No charge

Hope that helps,
    Jayne

Smyth
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

That’s an awesome response rate for Xero. I think I’ll have to jump on board and get it for myself! How much should a set-up and a little tuition for a really new (and super small) business cost?

RapidEntryBiz
    • Total posts: 134
    Up

Hi Suze,

As I understand it you want to account for the costs as they’ll be reimbursed by your client? Whether using Xero or Moon Landing software, I’d post the expenses to your expense account (including GST, if applicable) and invoice them using sales. Simple. Was that really the question you wanted answered?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.