Home – New Forums Tech talk adaptor plugs – Hong Kong and China

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up
    ::

Just needing advice on adaptor plugs needed for Hong Kong and China.

I was reading somewhere that our three pin fits sockets in China (but upside down).

Also voltage?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Matt,

I haven’t been to China for a few years, but I always found it best to take a universal adaptor with me, as there are (or were) several different types of plug in use, and although some powerpoints had multiple configurations on them, others didn’t.

One of those does look like an upside down Australian one, but I found that it wouldn’t always work with Australian electrical items.

I think they are on 220 volts.

Apologies, but I’m not sure about HK.

Cheers,
    Jayne

abacus
    • Total posts: 174
    Up

Yep universal adaptor is the way to go.
    Buy it once and go anywhere in the world.

Any bag shop will sell them for about $20 or so.
    TIP. Take a standard Aussie 4 point power board with you :) and a 1 metre extention cord.

Makes life MUCH easier having one adapter and be able to plug in your phone, laptop, ipod and hair dryer :)

King
    Up

thanks folks – the powerboard tip is great!

I have a to pin round from tricky Dicks – they reckon it is fine for Chine, but wanted to be sure…

Anonymous
    Up

When are you heading off Matt? I’m a bit jealous I must admit… could do with a bit of travel adventure myself sometime soon!

If you’re staying in a reasonably decent hotel, they’ll probably have spare adaptor plugs, but I would definitely take my own to be on the safe side.

And if / when I ever go back I’ll be taking a powerboard too. What an awesome idea Abacus!

Have a cracker of an afternoon folks :)
    Jayne

King
    Up

Intending to fly on Monday – away for a week. Allowing 2 tourist days, 1 in Shanghai and one in HK

abacus
    • Total posts: 174
    Up

You will have a great time. I did the Canton Fair in April and loved it.
    My daughter and I did Singapore, HK, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Tokyo.
    All in 15 days.
    Hectic but great fun !!

Hope you have good weather :) We got very thcik fog in HK and didn’t see anything from My Victoria :(

Sue

Raky
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

Ah, a bit late on this one – but I believe this website will help: http://www.adaptelec.com/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&cPath=15&products_id=236

Anonymous
    Up
    King, post: 48460 wrote:
    Intending to fly on Monday – away for a week. Allowing 2 tourist days, 1 in Shanghai and one in HK

Hope you have a fabulous time Matt… my mouth is watering at all the delicious food you’ll be enjoying ;-)

Have fun!
    Jayne

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.