Home – New Forums Selling online Adding multiple data feeds to an e-commerce website!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DecaffeinatedBoy
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone,
    Has anyone here tried to or is successfully using multiple data feeds from multiple distributors/suppliers on their website?
    And if so, how do you manage products that are sold at 2 or more distributors?
    For example, 3 suppliers might sell the same Asus laptop. I need to join the overall quantity of the Asus laptop from all 3 suppliers. So as one supplier runs out of stock, my website doesn’t show the product as “out of stock”. So it keeps saying that it is “in stock” until all 3 suppliers run out. And can you priorities which supplier to buy the laptop from first? (and as they run out, can you organise which supplier to buy from 2nd and then 3rd etc automatically).
    I will be using Magento.
    Have others used an extension or got a programmer to code something that makes this work?

Thanks in advance.
    Kris

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hopefully some helpful members will be along soon with some advice to point you in the right direction.

Cheers

chewlim
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Are you going to use Magento 1 or Magento 2?

I don’t think there is an extension which can aggregate multiple data feeds. However, it should be easy to create a custom extension to do the work.

I would post the job on upwork or freelancer to get it done.

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    DecaffeinatedBoy, post: 265361, member: 77434 wrote:
    Hello everyone,
    Has anyone here tried to or is successfully using multiple data feeds from multiple distributors/suppliers on their website?
    And if so, how do you manage products that are sold at 2 or more distributors?
    For example, 3 suppliers might sell the same Asus laptop. I need to join the overall quantity of the Asus laptop from all 3 suppliers. So as one supplier runs out of stock, my website doesn’t show the product as “out of stock”. So it keeps saying that it is “in stock” until all 3 suppliers run out. And can you priorities which supplier to buy the laptop from first? (and as they run out, can you organise which supplier to buy from 2nd and then 3rd etc automatically).
    I will be using Magento.
    Have others used an extension or got a programmer to code something that makes this work?

Thanks in advance.
    Kris
    Hi Kris,

You will only find a few systems that can support multiple data feeds and one of those is eCorner’s Resellerate system. It is available as a hosted solution and supports most Australian and New Zealand IT distributors as standard. It is a proprietary solution used by existing resellers throughout Australia. You can find more information if you are interested at https://www.ecorner.com.au/eCommerce-for-IT-Resellers.

Our solution supports stock handling as either by distributor, as a combined stock or using a merchant created stock level that can also be managed across multiple warehouses.

The system includes a quoting capability, merchant created orders and the ability to create purchase orders for distributors.

Regards

John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.