Home Forums Tech talk Adobe CC

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RoseETM
    • Total posts: 6

Apologies, I am sure this has already been discussed and I have just missed it!

Now that Adobe’s bold move to go only to subscription based options for their creative suite is a few years old, how is everyone going with this? I’m very tempted by some of the alternatives out there that look pretty good (and are much cheaper) and I am uneasy about effectively renting my software rather than owning it outright. Its also not nice to think that if for whatever reason I unsubsribe, I can no longer use my own files. On the other hand, these creative tools are necessary for what I do on almost a daily basis and some of them I don’t already have so could have a lot of fun using.

I’m at the point where its decision time about continuing with adobe or looking elsewhere. So, Adobe CC … worth it or not worth it?

StuartL
    • Total posts: 32

I have to say that for years I was dead-set against renting software rather than buying it … and we use a lot of software … but when the software makers move to a subscription model you really have little choice.

Of course you can look for alternatives but if you’ve been using a specific programme for years there is a learning curve when you switch to something else. Do you have the time and patience to do that?

I certainly didn’t and now I’m quite happy that my partner was quite prepared to move us to monthly payments.

It’s worked well for us and paying a subscription rather than buying outright means that one day I just might change all my hardware over to Mac and that was never an option when we would have had to spend thousands to replace the software as well as the hardware.

JonoW-15
    • Total posts: 21

I have to say that for years I was dead-set against renting software rather than buying it … and we use a lot of software … but when the software makers move to a subscription model you really have little choice.

Of course you can look for alternatives but if you’ve been using a specific programme for years there is a learning curve when you switch to something else. Do you have the time and patience to do that?

I certainly didn’t and now I’m quite happy that my partner was quite prepared to move us to monthly payments.

It’s worked well for us and paying a subscription rather than buying outright means that one day I just might change all my hardware over to Mac and that was never an option when we would have had to spend thousands to replace the software as well as the hardware.

Yeah I can’t really fault their subscription platform, not the cheapest but lets you jump between computers easily and the cost is pretty modular so you can chop and change what platforms you need at the time.

Forum Administrator
    Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,543

Hi Rose,

I’ve found the subscription doesn’t suit me that well, because my use of Illustrator is sporadic, and I feel like I’m paying for a lot of months where I don’t use it.

Currently subscribed, but it’s a borderline decision atm.

Let us know how you go 🙂
    Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.