Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Adventure Friends site improvements. Are we there?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Rico
    • Total posts: 137
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I’d like to ask your opinion about the new version of my web site.

http://www.AdventureFriends.com.au

This time my main focus was to create a site that is easy to navigate, so I designed two separate category menu, on the left vertical panel and on the top. Also, as we sell high end outdoor gear, I tried to create the right color match for the active person (black, grey, orange). The 3D banner was designed by us as well, and I think it is very original.

I tried to keep the most visible part of the page as clean as possible, so to highlight the free shipping offer.

The Check out button on the top right changes color when something is in the cart.
    Of course I have the “live chat” and the “contact us” page in evidence, but I decided to move the about us and form of payment at the bottom.

I decided to leave all the central part to a random product display, as I found that many visitors are repetitive, so they will have different product displayed each time they come.

The product pages are very clean, with the product description just below the product photo. The features and technical informations are on the right panel, because I think that only some visitor is interested into them.

Please give me your opinion, and feel free to be very direct :D
    This is version 5 of my site in only 1 year, and I really want to understand if I am getting there.

Rico

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

I really like the top menu – both the look and the way it slides open. But it’s only on the home page, disappearing once I select a category.

On the top menu “hinking” should be hiking, and on the side menu “liters” should be litres.

I like your site.

Wendy :)

MyGreatIdea
    Up

I really like the top menu – both the look and the way it slides open. But it’s only on the home page, disappearing once I select a category.

On the top menu “hinking” should be hiking, and on the side menu “liters” should be litres.

I like your site.

Rico
    Up
    Couple It, post: 103919 wrote:

I like your site.

I cannot believe, I read that menu 1000 times and I never noticed the spelling mistake!!! Wendy, you have great eyes!

Do you think we should have the top menu in each page? Is it not too much? I thought that when the visitor is deeper in the site, the left menu could be enough, don’t you agree?

Rico
    Up
    Couple It, post: 103919 wrote:

I like your site.

I cannot believe, I read that menu 1000 times and I never noticed the spelling mistake!!! Wendy, you have great eyes!

Do you think we should have the top menu in each page? Is it not too much? I thought that when the visitor is deeper in the site, the left menu could be enough, don’t you agree?

MyGreatIdea
    Up

I personally prefer to use a top menu on all pages…don’t know why, but I don’t like side menus lol.

And I really like your top menu.

MyGreatIdea
    Up

I personally prefer to use a top menu on all pages…don’t know why, but I don’t like side menus lol.

MyGreatIdea
    Up

Also spotted in the left menu “sleeping bags liners” should be sleeping bag liners, and in the footer “help center” should be centre.

MyGreatIdea
    Up

Also spotted in the left menu “sleeping bags liners” should be sleeping bag liners, and in the footer “help center” should be centre.

MillieAbroad
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

Hi Rico,

I must confess that I am kind of on the run so only got the chance to take a quick look, but wanted to let you know that first impressions are good. I really like your top menu, and I think the site is easy to navigate.

I like the colour scheme. The only thing that bothered me ever so slightly after awhile was the moving image on the right. If I was looking at a page for an extended period I think it would increasingly bother me. Having said that, I have another confession – I had just had a champagne (celebrating a business related achievement) and it may have just been that ;combined with fatigue ;)

Good luck :)

April

MillieAbroad
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

Hi Rico,

I must confess that I am kind of on the run so only got the chance to take a quick look, but wanted to let you know that first impressions are good. I really like your top menu, and I think the site is easy to navigate.

I like the colour scheme. The only thing that bothered me ever so slightly after awhile was the moving image on the right. If I was looking at a page for an extended period I think it would increasingly bother me. Having said that, I have another confession – I had just had a champagne (celebrating a business related achievement) and it may have just been that ;combined with fatigue ;)

Good luck :)

April

Rico
    Up
    Couple It, post: 103975 wrote:

You know… you convinced me… I am going to work on it and see how it comes out!

Rico
    Up
    Couple It, post: 103975 wrote:

You know… you convinced me… I am going to work on it and see how it comes out!

webtrade
    • Total posts: 84
    Up

Hi Rico, well done on creating a really exciting website! If you have a lot of out of stock items, it might be worth considering hiding them from view as customers may get a bit annoyed if everything they click is out. That’s about all I can offer! All the best!

webtrade
    • Total posts: 84
    Up

Hi Rico, well done on creating a really exciting website! If you have a lot of out of stock items, it might be worth considering hiding them from view as customers may get a bit annoyed if everything they click is out. That’s about all I can offer! All the best!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.