Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Adventure Friends site improvements. Are we there?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Uncomplicating
    • Total posts: 731
    Up
    ::
    Rico, post: 107607 wrote:
    If you are like me, you will never be 100% happy with your web site, and you will never say: It’s done! ;)

Rico

After 15 years in the world of commercial software design/developement I can tell you never “right”, just “right enough”.

Started the ball rolling on mine yesterday. We shall see.

pix2print.com.au
    • Total posts: 178
    Up

Hi Rico, great products. Let us know when you are ready to go live with it as I can help you promote it. I am a very outdoorsy person and have many friends who fall into that category. Like the things you are selling and like the website. Happy to post on my facebook when you are live.

I agree with the last few people who commented too, just get it out there. It will never be perfect, but at some point you need to have it out there and start promoting it. As long as the ordering system works well you will be fine. You can always fine-tune once live.

I am a perfectionist as well and had to really convince myself that the website was fine to go-live. I have a lot of positive feedback on it, even though I can still see many areas where I want to improve! Nobody is ever as critical of your website as you (and that is a good thing, but you also need to get over the ‘get it perfect’ feeling!).

Good luck with it all!!

Cheers,
    Jude

pix2print.com.au
    • Total posts: 178
    Up

Hi Rico, great products. Let us know when you are ready to go live with it as I can help you promote it. I am a very outdoorsy person and have many friends who fall into that category. Like the things you are selling and like the website. Happy to post on my facebook when you are live.

I agree with the last few people who commented too, just get it out there. It will never be perfect, but at some point you need to have it out there and start promoting it. As long as the ordering system works well you will be fine. You can always fine-tune once live.

I am a perfectionist as well and had to really convince myself that the website was fine to go-live. I have a lot of positive feedback on it, even though I can still see many areas where I want to improve! Nobody is ever as critical of your website as you (and that is a good thing, but you also need to get over the ‘get it perfect’ feeling!).

Good luck with it all!!

Cheers,
    Jude

TrishF
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

hi Rocco
    Love the site, looks great.
    Just a couple of things;

I can’t see a Privacy Policy or Disclaimer page

When I view a product I liked – I can’t see an ‘ad to cart’ button, only ‘ad to wishlist’ button

There is no ‘home’ button when I’m viewing a product. I note you said you didn’t like the look of that, but really it’s not about you – it’s about the customer.

IMO the payment options need to be more obvious – i.e. above the fold

I would recommend a ‘trust logo’ – helps massively with credibility http://www.verisign.com.au/

Cheers
    Trish Fehon

TrishF
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

hi Rocco
    Love the site, looks great.
    Just a couple of things;

I can’t see a Privacy Policy or Disclaimer page

When I view a product I liked – I can’t see an ‘ad to cart’ button, only ‘ad to wishlist’ button

There is no ‘home’ button when I’m viewing a product. I note you said you didn’t like the look of that, but really it’s not about you – it’s about the customer.

IMO the payment options need to be more obvious – i.e. above the fold

I would recommend a ‘trust logo’ – helps massively with credibility http://www.verisign.com.au/

Cheers
    Trish Fehon

Rico
    • Total posts: 137
    Up
    pix2print.com.au, post: 107726 wrote:

Good luck with it all!!

Cheers,
    Jude

Hi Jude,

Thanks for your offer, we have been live for 18 months now and the web site gets 120 unique visitors a day without much advertising but with lots of word of mouth. This is version 3 of our site, and that is the reason why I am asking suggestions, and we are fine tuning it every day.

I’d love you to post a link on your FB page. I also have a 10% discount code for the members of the forum, FLYINGSOLO.

Thanks a lot for your help!
    Rico

Rico
    • Total posts: 137
    Up
    pix2print.com.au, post: 107726 wrote:

Good luck with it all!!

Cheers,
    Jude

Hi Jude,

Thanks for your offer, we have been live for 18 months now and the web site gets 120 unique visitors a day without much advertising but with lots of word of mouth. This is version 3 of our site, and that is the reason why I am asking suggestions, and we are fine tuning it every day.

I’d love you to post a link on your FB page. I also have a 10% discount code for the members of the forum, FLYINGSOLO.

Thanks a lot for your help!
    Rico

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.