Home – New Forums Marketing mastery advertise and marketing

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #974996
    simonpeter35
    Member
    • Total posts: 27
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hello everyone,

    I’ve just changed my website. As many people have suggested. Is there any way that I can improve it?

    How can I get more traffic to my website?

    http://www.businesspromotionalmugs.com.au

    [email protected]

    Thanks in advance

    #1071762
    NickHumphries
    Member
    • Total posts: 418
    Up
    0
    ::
    simonpeter35, post: 89639 wrote:
    Hello everyone,

    I’ve just changed my website. As many people have suggested. Is there any way that I can improve it?

    How can I get more traffic to my website?

    http://www.businesspromotionalmugs.com.au

    [email protected]

    Thanks in advance

    Hi Simon,

    You sell a good product but to be completely honest with you, your website looks veeeerrry out-of-date.

    I think what you need is a professional looking website from a website design company before you try and get any traffic.

    PM me if your interested to learn more about our service, but please for the sake of your business get a good website created!

    Regards,
    Nick.

    #1071763
    Jenish Pandya
    Member
    • Total posts: 104
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Simon,

    First of all congrats on taking the feedback onboard.
    If I am not wrong, your website has been created by you. I believe it may be coz of two reasons: no budget or you wanted to learn something new.
    I know it is really hard to make a website when you know little on how to make that, I was and am in your shoes at the moment.

    For me it was the no budget case, you can have a look at my site http://www.paylesstoners.com.au I created that myself and I can’t be more proud of it. So if money is the case for you, I would recommend you install a cart on the site such as cube cart, prestashop, zencart, magento etc.
    The biggest benefit of these carts are they have their own developers+user forums. So if you have any questions regards how to use it, modify it etc they are happy to help.

    Mind you it takes a while to learn how to use it (if time is a big factor get someone to make the site for you).

    The other thing is you need to get a logo on your site as well.

    Good Luck

    #1071764
    Samith
    Member
    • Total posts: 187
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Simon,

    I agree with the two previous posters, you sell a really good product but the website is not really very good looking, I think the best way is to either get a web design company involved or go for a cheaper option like http://www.shopify.com/ My 2 cents :) Best of luck with your business.

    Best Regards,
    Samith

    #1071765
    The Copy Chick
    Member
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    0
    ::
    simonpeter35, post: 89639 wrote:
    I’ve just changed my website. As many people have suggested. Is there any way that I can improve it?

    Hi Simon,

    Well, first of all, good on you for getting a site up and running and giving it a crack yourself.

    With the overall look of your site, I have to agree that it does look a little dated. Some of the things I recommend you change would be the black background – it’s just too harsh. Bright text on black backgrounds is actually quite difficult to read and is a bit turn-off for many.

    I’d also consider a more “modern” fonts than Times New Roman”. Simple fonts such as Arial, Calibri, or Century Gothic are much easier to read on screen. Also make them a good size – at least 11-12pt.

    As far as the content – I’d ditch the advertising quotes and replace them with some copy outlining the benefits of your product for the customer… answer the ol’ “what’s in it for me?” question and add a call to action. Show/tell your customers where they go and what they do next, because only the top row of your photos are hyperlinked, it’s very confusing.

    Welcome to My SHOP!
    Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in?

    Why do I want to log in? What benefits does that give me?

    Tell your customers what they will gain from purchasing your product and give them a reason to log in. I’d also recommend adding a nice little spiel for each product – or product range – to highlight the different reasons for purchasing.

    But, on a high note, with the very limited copy you do have on the site, you’ve managed to hit a good keyword density for your main product so that’s a start.

    All the best with your next round of revisions.

    Anna :)

    #1071766
    MrRetail
    Member
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Simon,

    Definitely points for putting your work out there for critique.

    Before you go redesigning your website, I’d be deciding WHO is my customer and then DISPLAYING the benefits accordingly.

    Are you aiming at me, in the Advertising & marketing world who would want large run promotional items for clients or you looking at one-off’s for people wanting a gift idea for a family friend?

    Both have very different needs and requirements. Could you supply large runs? What’s the turnaround time? Do I need to supply the artwork? Price range? Are you cheap or expensive?

    If you say to me, those answers are already there on your website, that would mean I didnt see it or didnt go looking.

    Best of luck with it all

    Stephen R

    #1071767
    The Infotainer
    Member
    • Total posts: 612
    Up
    0
    ::

    Once you get through the first page it seems OK actually but the first page is not the best but easily changed

    For 1: A Better header

    2: Make the tables invisible as in no border as in set border to 0 not 1, this will clean up that not so good looking display

    If business promotional cups is what you sell I do like the idea of the header but you need to make it look more pro
    keep the wording,
    add pictures of your mugs around the outside and also include an location
    Based in Sydney Available Australia Wide for example in the header

    I also think the header is resized too much, you have created a large image and then squeezed it into the page which reduces the quality even further- find out the width of your content in pixels and then create a header image that many pixels wide

    #1071768
    simonpeter35
    Member
    • Total posts: 27
    Up
    0
    ::
    The Copy Chick, post: 89717 wrote:
    Hi Simon,

    Well, first of all, good on you for getting a site up and running and giving it a crack yourself.

    With the overall look of your site, I have to agree that it does look a little dated. Some of the things I recommend you change would be the black background – it’s just too harsh. Bright text on black backgrounds is actually quite difficult to read and is a bit turn-off for many.

    I’d also consider a more “modern” fonts than Times New Roman”. Simple fonts such as Arial, Calibri, or Century Gothic are much easier to read on screen. Also make them a good size – at least 11-12pt.

    As far as the content – I’d ditch the advertising quotes and replace them with some copy outlining the benefits of your product for the customer… answer the ol’ “what’s in it for me?” question and add a call to action. Show/tell your customers where they go and what they do next, because only the top row of your photos are hyperlinked, it’s very confusing.

    Why do I want to log in? What benefits does that give me?

    Tell your customers what they will gain from purchasing your product and give them a reason to log in. I’d also recommend adding a nice little spiel for each product – or product range – to highlight the different reasons for purchasing.

    But, on a high note, with the very limited copy you do have on the site, you’ve managed to hit a good keyword density for your main product so that’s a start.

    All the best with your next round of revisions.

    Anna :)

    Thank you very much for your help. Actually I didn’t do it for myself. I paid some professional to do it. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look much professional :)

    Are you a webdesigner? You sounds really professional. If you are a webdesigner then can I have your contact?

    #1071769
    simonpeter35
    Member
    • Total posts: 27
    Up
    0
    ::
    MrRetail, post: 89718 wrote:
    Hi Simon,

    Definitely points for putting your work out there for critique.

    Before you go redesigning your website, I’d be deciding WHO is my customer and then DISPLAYING the benefits accordingly.

    Are you aiming at me, in the Advertising & marketing world who would want large run promotional items for clients or you looking at one-off’s for people wanting a gift idea for a family friend?

    Both have very different needs and requirements. Could you supply large runs? What’s the turnaround time? Do I need to supply the artwork? Price range? Are you cheap or expensive?

    If you say to me, those answers are already there on your website, that would mean I didnt see it or didnt go looking.

    Best of luck with it all

    Stephen R

    Hello Stephen,

    I am aiming at businesses, large and small national wide. I can make over 500mugs/day. As I’ve indicated “Free artwork” so you only supply me with information. We are doing both, cheap and expensive, low quality and high quality.

    I agreed, not much information there.

    Should I created another information site, like “About us” or something?

    Cheers,
    Simon

    #1071770
    Jenish Pandya
    Member
    • Total posts: 104
    Up
    0
    ::

    Anna is an Awesome Copywriter (just know from her blogs and posts on FS). You can probably get her to do some copy work for you.

    If you paid for that site “Plz ask for a Refund”.

    There are a number of web developers on this forum who can get your site up and running, just put a forum post or look in the directory.

    #1071771
    simonpeter35
    Member
    • Total posts: 27
    Up
    0
    ::
    NickHumphries, post: 89673 wrote:
    Hi Simon,

    You sell a good product but to be completely honest with you, your website looks veeeerrry out-of-date.

    I think what you need is a professional looking website from a website design company before you try and get any traffic.

    PM me if your interested to learn more about our service, but please for the sake of your business get a good website created!

    Regards,
    Nick.

    It created by a professional (I have paid him). But it seems to be he is not really professional after all. :)

    #1071772
    profitclicks
    Member
    • Total posts: 160
    Up
    0
    ::

    Agree with the others on this one – the site is looking a bit dated.

    In terms of getting more traffic, I would look at redesign the site to be more search engine friendly.

    At the moment if I check your site on Yahoo Site Explorer, I can’t see any other websites linking to you:

    http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/search?p=www.businesspromotionalmugs.com.au&fr=sfp

    A big part of getting organic search engine traffic is getting other popular websites generating a one way backlink to your site.

    #1071773
    JohnW
    Member
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Simon,
    You need someone to tell you the facts of online business life without any soft soap.

    Your website is not “professional” from any perspective and in my opinion is unlikely to generate many/any business enquiries unless you spend big on Adwords or other marketing campaigns.

    If you don’t see this then can I suggest you seek some advice of a very broad nature from someone who has expertise in business developement, marketing and the Internet.

    Regs.,
    JohnW

    #1071774
    simonpeter35
    Member
    • Total posts: 27
    Up
    0
    ::
    JohnW, post: 89771 wrote:
    Hi Simon,
    You need someone to tell you the facts of online business life without any soft soap.

    Your website is not “professional” from any perspective and in my opinion is unlikely to generate many/any business enquiries unless you spend big on Adwords or other marketing campaigns.

    If you don’t see this then can I suggest you seek some advice of a very broad nature from someone who has expertise in business developement, marketing and the Internet.

    Regs.,
    JohnW

    Thanks John, I am working on my website at the moment.

    Cheers,
    Simon

    #1071775
    B Cooper
    Member
    • Total posts: 211
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Simon,

    You need a new site, thats for sure. Especially if you’re going to process payments on your site, nobody is going to want to put their credit card details on a site that looks like a dark scary cave.

    You can build you own site using WordPress. It’s well worth the time and effort, and you’ll see the difference in sales.

    Good luck!

    Brentis :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.