Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Advertising

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Trent Tran
    Participant
    • Total posts: 166
    Up
    ::

Hi all

If some of your keywords ranking is 1st result in 1st page of Google, do you still run Adwords? We are fortunate enough to have little competitors in aromatherapy micro niche hence the high ranking but also it is quite difficult to encourage new customers to try.
    So, we start writing content to create trust and it works (average spending on the page was 8 minutes per customer).

So the question: If you have stable sales per month without spending a single cent on ad, would you try on ad for the unknown? (except for email marketing as this is the highest return, I only run once a month with no Unsubscriber so far)

p/s: not trying to be a smart ass here, the solely reason we have high ranking as there is almost no competition (except oversea supplier but the price would be higher), and a few basic SEO.

pps: Anyone in perfume/ aromatherapy industry here, your thought would be greatly appreciated?

eatyourveggies
    • Total posts: 62
    Up

Just run adwords on a low spend for a month and see what results you get.

There’s been plenty of studies on whether people know the first 3 links are paid ads or not and I can’t remember the details but the vast majority of people don’t realise the first 3 links are ads.

In my own company we had the same question as we were ranking really well. I turned off Adwords and we one of the worst months ever.

We were spending $10k per month on Adwords but getting a return 6:1

thekindconsultant
    • Total posts: 105
    Up

Absolutely experiment with running AdWords even if you rank well organically. And experiment with your copy and calls to action in these ads – you may not be getting conversions on your organic content because it doesn’t speak to people’s buyer intent, so let your AdWords copy do it.

joelwarren
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

The power of adwords is that you control the copy and where you are directing traffic – which is harder to do with organic.

If you want to test an approach to talking to your potential customers, adwords is great (all paid media really), take it to the next level by setting up a landing page on your site which is laser focused on a particular area of your business or market, and try to increase the conversion rate.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

All great advice so far. All advertising is about return on investment for small business. That means you need to test and experiment in small quantities and work out if you are making money by spending money on advertising.

In addition to what has already been said, it would be a good idea to start remarketing which is a process of advertising to people who have visited your site long after they have left. Remarketing often provides the best return on investment in AdWords.

Before you start, check Google for Adwords pitfalls or a similar search term because it is easy to spend too much if you do not know what you are doing.

Trent Tran
    Participant
    Up

Not sure if my post was deleted but anyway, I re-type it:

Facebook group is a great way to participate, contribute and eventually, some sales will be picked up as the reasonable size of forum

Would you run an ad or several ads (campaigns) to target those members in that group given that you could post deal at no cost? What are the benefits of running Facebook at targeting niche group? Will your competitors click on your ad just to “destroy” your budget? :)

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

You should absolutely experiment with AdWords BUT you should not spend a cent until you have the proper conversion tracking in place to track and measure the success of your campaign.

If you choose to do your own Adwords then you should ensure that you at least gain the fundamental skills required to drive a successful AdWords campaign. As a beginner it can seem simple enough to use the platform however that’s usually a sure way to throw your cash out the window. I recommend the following course for anyone wanting to get started with AdWords.

https://www.udemy.com/the-ultimate-google-adwords-training-course/learn/v4/

I agree with Paul in that remarketing can be very cheap and you can potentially remarket to prior visitors for less than $10 dollars a day if your competition is low.

I find that the search network is the most effective for identifying the right customer and keyword intent and therefore driving visitors that have the highest chance of converting.

As others have said it’s all about ROI, if you can spend a dollar and get two dollars back then why wouldn’t you continue to use that strategy alongside your SEO that’s already working well.

Trent Tran
    Participant
    Up

I spent $37 a week on facebook ad. Only clicks but not buy.
    I have very specific group targeting on 3 specific interest.

Is $37 in a week too early to judge a campaign. How much you spent on ad to get the 1st order? Please let me know

P/S
    I turned my ad it off today as I might do something wrong. Our organic search from Google is still working wonder. 1 order today, purely online

Capture.jpg

PRO
    • Total posts: 450
    Up
    Grandawood, post: 241727, member: 66994 wrote:

Is $37 in a week too early to judge a campaign. How much you spent on ad to get the 1st order? Please let me know

P/S
    I turned my ad it off today as I might do something wrong. Our organic search from Google is still working wonder. 1 order today, purely online

Capture.jpg

My first thought is yes, but depends on competition I guess. For me that would be less than 3 clicks.

PRO
    • Total posts: 450
    Up

Adwords works very well for us but you need to track it well. If you use it to drive phone calls then something live http://www.avanser.com/ is very useful to track where your calls come from.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Grandawood, post: 241727, member: 66994 wrote:

Like any advertising, it’ not how much you spend, its the quality of what you are doing that is the real judge. If someone tells you it is to much or to little ignore them. The questions need to be around quality.

I recall one day I spent less than a dollar on advertising, and was told by someone I was wasting my time advertising in that location, and 2 weeks later had a $20K contract. The best less than a dollar and 5 minutes I ever spent.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.