Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Advertising at Trade shows and Expos?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GavinSloan
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    ::

Hello Soloists,
    I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with putting advertising material inside delegate showbags at trade shows and expos?
    My concern is that I am not convinced that many people actually bother to go through the bags. Most trade shows I’ve been to I tend to collect information from the booths that interest me, and they tend to be the only brochures I will read after the event.
    Has anyone had any success putting marketing material in delegate bags?
    Thanks!

azn310
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi,

If you are already hosting a booth, I really don’t see any reason why you should spend more to get the materials into the delegate showbags, unless you don’t mind spending that to get extra attention.

I reckon you could get better result by having someone associated with your business walking around handing materials to your target customers?

J

GavinSloan, post: 186832 wrote:
    Hello Soloists,
    I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with putting advertising material inside delegate showbags at trade shows and expos?
    My concern is that I am not convinced that many people actually bother to go through the bags. Most trade shows I’ve been to I tend to collect information from the booths that interest me, and they tend to be the only brochures I will read after the event.
    Has anyone had any success putting marketing material in delegate bags?
    Thanks!
    bees
    • Total posts: 81
    Up

Gavin, I think that really depends on your target market and if you are including an offer with your marketing materials.

Our main business aims at pregnant women and mothers. Mother’s have NO time to go through a pile of paperwork at the end of the expo, but pregnant women love to do it. So we market in showbags aimed towards them only. We include an offer for our services and have a really good return rate on the vouchers.

GavinSloan
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

Thanks for the responses :-)

azn – Yes that’s the other option I am considering, just turning up in branded clothing and unofficially handing out flyers and starting conversations :-)

Bees – I am not looking at exhibiting (this year) but the expo targets professionals for a particular industry which is why I am unsure if people will actually sift through the delegate bags. I think I’ll just opt for turning up with flyers and cards hand out when chatting to people.

Blp_Sales
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    GavinSloan, post: 186885 wrote:
    Thanks for the responses :-)

azn – Yes that’s the other option I am considering, just turning up in branded clothing and unofficially handing out flyers and starting conversations :-)

Bees – I am not looking at exhibiting (this year) but the expo targets professionals for a particular industry which is why I am unsure if people will actually sift through the delegate bags. I think I’ll just opt for turning up with flyers and cards hand out when chatting to people.

Gavin,

Trade shows are fantastic, but I think you’re material would be lost in the bag with delegates. My opinion is either exhibit, or go back to your original option.

Ben

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Gavin,

GavinSloan, post: 186885 wrote:
    Yes that’s the other option I am considering, just turning up in branded clothing and unofficially handing out flyers and starting conversations :-)

If you happen to be sitting in the cafe and get chatting with another attendee, then swapping business cards is perfectly acceptable, but I think from your post that you’re considering wandering the aisles handing out flyers etc to passers by.

If so, you should be aware that at the trade shows I exhibit at, anyone doing this is thrown out by security immediately. It creates really bad blood with the exhibitors who’ve paid to attend too, so before going down this path, have a think about whether their opinion is important to your future success.

On the other hand, if they might be a potential source of leads for you down the track, then introducing yourself to the stall holders and handing out cards for a catch up phone call or coffee down the track might be of some small benefit. Just remember that they’ve invested in the opportunity to promote their businesses, not the opportunity to help you promote yours – so be respectful of their time.

Good luck,
    Jayne

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up

Unfortunately I’ve found this ‘passive’ advertising ineffective.

There are better uses for your money.

Run some ad campaigns targetting this group and/or email marketing to name 2.

Jenny

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.