Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Advertising in newspaper

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhit
    • Total posts: 70
    Up
    ::

Has anyone tried a newspaper ad?
    I’m thinking of advertising my outdoor furniture business in the local community newspaper. I’m wary of it, because it’s high cost and I can’t measure the results easily. I don’t wanna throw money away. Does anyone have insight on this?

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

I have a gardening business and I found the local rag didnt really bring in any worthwhile business. Also be careful because depending on your area not all houses get the paper, as the delivery people often miss pockets of suburbs.

Halyna67
    • Total posts: 18
    Up

I have tried advertising in local papers a number of times, in different areas, different papers and different businesses (Dance classes, massage therapy) and have never really found it cost effective. Yes the costs are quite high and the returns are pretty poor.

It seems that the only people who do well are the ones who have a regular, ongoing adv, such as in the trade directory, so they get repetitive exposure.

I would be spending my advertising dollar elsewhere.

Prom N
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Newspaper advertisement is not for everyone. Some of my customer age (40+) said they still look for product/service on the paper while the younger generation look it up on google. So it’s depend on your target.

If you want to give it a try, you better put your advertisement in a specific type of magazine such as home decor or gardening instead of local newspaper to help you focus more on your target readers.

Also adding a deal or coupon on your ads for reader to bring in or take a photo of it and show it to you when they visit or enquiring about your products would help tracking the result.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

I would use Gumtree. It free. Plus if you have a web page. I would advertise something for a dollar with a link to your webpage. This will certainly get attention and lead to other sales. It would be better to give away your profit on one item and consider a marketing cost. This will be far more effective that spending money on advertising that may not work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.