Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Advertising suggestions….for testimonial based advertising

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    MsLilyPonds
    • Total posts: 264
    Up
    ::

I’m after some suggestions for advertising directly to small business/Soloists (yes, I am aware of this site).

The challenge is that I’m out to advertise a service that we provide that is difficult to explain but is AWESOME. We have dozens of really compelling testimonials to work with….and a pretty enticing value proposition.

So basically I need suggestions of websites that target small business that provide good ad opportunites for text based ads.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Ma Lily, why can’t you target them yourself? You should be able to tell just by looking at at website if it is optimized?

If you have testimonials, why not look break each one down into its own industry and target that industry (market) using your own testimonial.

“we have had great success with other X industry” Here is what can work for you.

MsLilyPonds
    Up

I’m looking for sites that others have had success with buying ads on.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Lily,

The challenge is that I’m out to advertise a service that we provide that is difficult to explain but is AWESOME. We have dozens of really compelling testimonials to work with….and a pretty enticing value proposition.

In 1-4 words, what is the one thing that is so AWESOME about your service?
    In 4-8 words, what is your enticing value proposition?

For advertising on any site to work, you’ll have to somehow get from “hard to explain” (i.e. hard to understand) to one compelling reason for someone to give you their attention. Otherwise any money spent on ads will be largely wasted, because “hard to understand” doesn’t work on any platform, especially online.

People are making and losing money on every advertising site, because it depends on whether your ad gets the attention of your potential customer, and whether you send them to something highly relevant/useful on your site.

I hope that helps, but I know you wanted some sites! Facebook and AdWords are the obvious ones, but yes you need a short compelling message. You may find sites that allow you to post longer ads (Gumtree,…) but I would say that the attention span of people online (for ads especially) is only a couple of seconds regardless of how long the ad is. So that brings us back to finding your simple compelling offer.

Good luck! Hopefully others will have some more suggestions for sites to advertise on. :)

MsLilyPonds
    Up

We are actaully a marketing company and the issue isn’t that I can’t explain it, it’s that it is a new concept that needs explaining :) I am looking for places where text based ads, (not sure i want to go as far as blog editorial though) do well. I use Facbeook ads already – adwords I don’t really like much.

MsLilyPonds
    Up

We send two thousand slightly tipsy Aussie mums to your Facebook sale on a bargain-hunting-impulse-buying frenzy.

That’s the text I wish to use as it explains what we do and has a like 80% conversion rate. I am trying to avoid the usual marketing tricks like turning it into a one liner about the benefits becasue I think it needs to be plain speak that sums up the whole process. I am find iwth using this line, I just need some suggestions of websites that target small bsuienss owners, that take advertising, that coudl support an ad like this (so not just a 100×100 pretty picture in the side bar).

:) I know, it’s hard to explain what I want too :) We are a marketing biz and we do really well, I just find when it comes to my own marketing I instantly feel unsure :)

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

We send two thousand slightly tipsy Aussie mums to your Facebook sale on a bargain-hunting-impulse-buying frenzy.

I like it! A compelling offer indeed.

I also like the simple short phrase (perhaps for a heading): “Selling to Aussie Mums on Facebook?” for grabbing the attention of your exact target market. You can explain once you have their attention. :)

Dave

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    MsLilyPonds, post: 181165 wrote:

QUOTE]

Sorry but you have just lost 50% of the population,

MsLilyPonds
    Up

More than 50% actually, they’re not my target market :)

bb1
    Participant
    Up
    MsLilyPonds, post: 181184 wrote:
    More than 50% actually, they’re not my target market :)

Why, biggest problem with small business today is to limit there potential

MsLilyPonds
    Up

The product is a shopping service for mothers of young children. that’s the target market, we have 2600 mothers of small children to service with products targeting mothers of small children? We target retailers who want to sell to them.

not limiting anything, OWNING a market niche?

bb1
    Participant
    Up
    MsLilyPonds, post: 181187 wrote:
    The product is a shopping service for mothers of young children. that’s the target market, we have 2600 mothers of small children to service with products targeting mothers of small children? We target retailers who want to sell to them.

not limiting anything, OWNING a market niche?

See and thats where you have made a major mistake in your target market, with 90% of those mothers with small children, there is also a dad who also has those same small children.

Yes 20 years ago it would only be mothers who do the shopping, but this is 2014 and that is rapidly changing. As an example 10 years ago when I was dong the school run, I was one of only 2 dads who did school dropoffs at a school with 300 kids, At the end of last year, I could easily say that the number had increased to 50 dads, yes still not the majority, but rapidly changing.

When I take my daughter or son clothes shopping (yes thats to retailers), I am no longer the only dad in the shop, there are a lot of dads going into retail shops, buying for small or large children.. That is also rapidly changing.

Limit your business potential at your own peril. There are a lot of single parent dads, or stay at home dads in 2014, and that will continue to increase.

Are you saying these retailers only want to sell to mothers with young children, NO if they are progressive and up with todays trends they will also happily welcome and sell to dads with young children. Dont recall seeing any retail shops with signs saying “dads not allowed”, although have being in some where dads get a cold shoulder, and we never go back to them

MsLilyPonds
    Up

Thansk so much for your insights.

MsLilyPonds
    Up

Can anyone recommend some B2B sites for me to advertise on?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.