Home – New Forums Starting your journey Advertising Terms Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bappymills
    • Total posts: 63
    Up
    ::

Right I am putting my question in this section too so apologies if you have already read it in the other, but I had over 100 views and no replies :( Someone must have some advice.

I have been jotting some ideas down this morning regarding possible advertising terms on my website, and I thought I would enlist the friendly help of my fellow Soloists.

I am particularly keen to enlist small businesses on the site so I want to offer an advertising solution at a low cost.

Do you think the terms listed below are fair for advertising on our site?

The paid advertising option I am thinking of offering for an initial $30 for six months – if you are a small business would you think this is fair?

General Affiliate Partnership

Your website will have the following:

1. Dedicated Page with a main banner and paragraph about your business, followed by any special offers you are currently offering.
    2. Listed in our Merchant Directory.
    3. Listed in one category.
    4. Promoted on our Facebook Page and Twitter.
    5. If you have a current discount code you will be listed in our “New Deals”.
    6. If you supply a discount code Exclusive to Voucher Deals you will be listed on our Home Page under “Favourite Brands”.

Paid Advertising

If you pay for advertising, added benefits include:

1. All of the above.
    2. Listed in Favourite Brands page on our Home Page.
    3. Listed in more than one category.
    4. Featured advert on another advertisers/category page. (You will not be placed on an advertisers page with the same business).
    5. If you provide a discount code Exclusive to Voucher Deals you will be featured on the Home Page.

I have never done anything like this before so please be kind

Looking forward to hearing your comments.

Klublok
    • Total posts: 70
    Up

If I was looking to advertise on your site, my No.1 question would be the number of visitors visiting your site per day. Essentially, I am looking for an ROI.

$30 per month might be worthwhile if I get a lot of exposure because your site gets a lot of visitors and your site has influence over your visitors. However if your site is new, or is merely pedestrian to visitors $30 per month may not be so great.

Other questions I would want to know:

1. who are your visitors, and where are they from;
    2. how long do they stay on your site;
    3. are they looking for information, or are they looking to buy;
    4. do you have any stats on click through rates, conversion rates etc;

Bappymills
    Up
    Klublok, post: 71401 wrote:
    If I was looking to advertise on your site, my No.1 question would be the number of visitors visiting your site per day. Essentially, I am looking for an ROI.

$30 per month might be worthwhile if I get a lot of exposure because your site gets a lot of visitors and your site has influence over your visitors. However if your site is new, or is merely pedestrian to visitors $30 per month may not be so great.

Other questions I would want to know:

1. who are your visitors, and where are they from;
    2. how long do they stay on your site;
    3. are they looking for information, or are they looking to buy;
    4. do you have any stats on click through rates, conversion rates etc;

Hi

Thank you very, very much for your valued opinion. However, I was thinking of offering the advertising at $30 for six months (not $30 per month). This is purely because the site is relatively new. Does that sound more appealing?

I am getting a good number of hits per day already, and have already had customers who have bought via my site. I don’t want to put my stats in a public forum for obvious reasons, but I would be willing to give more information to any potential merchant advertiser.

Thanks again for your reply.

Shane – CM Marketing
    • Total posts: 36
    Up

I would have to agree that ROI is the main issue here. You could look at simailar sites in your niche and see what they charge vs the number of people on the site in a day.

Being a new site is never easy, so make sure you seo your site well and if you are unfamiliar with this side of things, consider empolying professional help.

$30 for six months is not expensive, if I can get $200-300 return my money in six months. So I suppose it really depends on what products I am selling. For me, 2-3 sales is all it would take.

I really like your site and the idea you have. Understanably you do not want to share actual stats here, but as Klublok said, that’s what it really comes down to. If you can afford it, I would offer the cheapest possible rate for six months, just to have the content and traffic.

I also could not find a “join” section. This is probably the most important factor to proving to advertisers that they can have ROI. You can say “we have 5000 members that receive a monthly newsletter etc etc”.

Part of that membership should ask questions that advertisers would like to know, like location, age, occupation, interests etc.
    This can be hard because people need an incentive to join and answer these questions.

I hope that I have helped, best of luck!!

Bappymills
    Up
    Shane – CM Marketing, post: 71483 wrote:
    I would have to agree that ROI is the main issue here. You could look at simailar sites in your niche and see what they charge vs the number of people on the site in a day.

Being a new site is never easy, so make sure you seo your site well and if you are unfamiliar with this side of things, consider empolying professional help.

$30 for six months is not expensive, if I can get $200-300 return my money in six months. So I suppose it really depends on what products I am selling. For me, 2-3 sales is all it would take.

I really like your site and the idea you have. Understanably you do not want to share actual stats here, but as Klublok said, that’s what it really comes down to. If you can afford it, I would offer the cheapest possible rate for six months, just to have the content and traffic.

I also could not find a “join” section. This is probably the most important factor to proving to advertisers that they can have ROI. You can say “we have 5000 members that receive a monthly newsletter etc etc”.

Part of that membership should ask questions that advertisers would like to know, like location, age, occupation, interests etc.
    This can be hard because people need an incentive to join and answer these questions.

I hope that I have helped, best of luck!!

Hi Shane

What is ROI? :confused:

Kennethti
    • Total posts: 415
    Up

Hello Bappymills –

ROI means “Return on Investment”. Quite simply put it’s cost vs benefit – What it bears down to is, “if I pay / invest 30 dollars in this, what is the benefit that I will get out of this?”

As Shane has put it, a product with a low ROI is not attractive to anyone, as they will be putting money into a product with no discernable returns.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.