• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LilyGraceLoves
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone!

I am launching my online store late next month. I am after your advice in relation to small business banking –

– what banks, if any, do you recommend I start my business bank account with? I am leaning towards NAB purely because I do my personal banking with them.

– I am currently setting up my store through Big Commerce (using their 15 day free trial to test it out). Does anyone have any experience with Big Commerce? I have registered my domain name through ecommercewebsites.com.au which I was going to use for my shopping cart software however am tempted by how much “cheaper” the monthly rates are through Big Commerce.

Your advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, for the bank account suggestions – I will be trading with USA and UK companies to stock their products on my website, so will need to pay in those currencies if that helps.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up
    LilyGraceLoves, post: 72389 wrote:
    Oh, for the bank account suggestions – I will be trading with USA and UK companies to stock their products on my website, so will need to pay in those currencies if that helps.

I opened a business account with NAB because of their internet banking system – their international payments are a breeze !! :)

Wendy
    PS email me if there are particular details you were wanting to know

Jazzah
    • Total posts: 193
    Up

We have used westpac and anz for our internet merchant facility. Westpac was just horrible, unresponsive to issues and cost twice as much as ANZ! ANZ have been fantastic and great rates.

Hope that helps.

Netorigin
    • Total posts: 421
    Up
    LilyGraceLoves, post: 72389 wrote:
    Hi Everyone!

I am launching my online store late next month. I am after your advice in relation to small business banking –

– what banks, if any, do you recommend I start my business bank account with? I am leaning towards NAB purely because I do my personal banking with them.

– I am currently setting up my store through Big Commerce (using their 15 day free trial to test it out). Does anyone have any experience with Big Commerce? I have registered my domain name through ecommercewebsites.com.au which I was going to use for my shopping cart software however am tempted by how much “cheaper” the monthly rates are through Big Commerce.

Your advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

BigCommerce may be great to start off with, but in terms of the web hosting, there does seem to be some limitations in place.

Cheers,
    Shaun

LilyGraceLoves
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    NetOrigin, post: 72408 wrote:
    BigCommerce may be great to start off with, but in terms of the web hosting, there does seem to be some limitations in place.

Cheers,
    Shaun

Hi Shaun

what limitations are you suggesting? Can you suggest any other shopping cart software / products that are better than Big Commerce?

Thanks

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

I have been using St George for banking fir my internet businesses since before any other bank would even consider it…so think about that!

For international transfers, look at OTHER ways of doing it. If you use the bank online system, you will be up for a hefty fee.

We use Suncorp for international transfers – contact the Treasury department of the bank you end up with, then set up an AU account and then USA and UK currency accounts. Should cost nil to transfer into those accounts then over to your suppliers (tho they may have a bank fee, but would anyway…

Those online store setups, that limit you by product numbers and bandwidth – look at alternatives that will be cheaper and better. Look at maybe oscommerce etc on your own hosting with your own domain. Far cheaper, you have full control etc.

Or if you have a few products, look at mals-e.com – free and you can integrate it into your own site quite easily.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.