Home – New Forums Starting your journey Advice for an online girls hair accessories business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    staceyt
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

I am in the early stages of starting a new business which will initially sell hair for girls, and then slowly introduce other products such as clothing, shoes. I will sell through Facebook to begin with and then eventually develop a website. I am based in Sydney.

I found suppliers for products but want to know if anyone knows of any good/better suppliers for:

– hair bows, headbands, sequin or other appliqués for tops, crochet beanies.

– the cards the headbands/clips will be attached to.

A few other questions to help me along the way:

Recommendation for a business that can make up my gift tags, labels, etc.

Suggestions on the best way to send products without them getting damaged, particularly headbands. Any postage related tips.

Websites, Facebook pages , etc that I can sell my products on.

Any other information/advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi StaceyT,

Welcome to the forums. I’m not sure about the answers to your specific questions, although a browse of our directory may be useful when it comes to finding suppliers.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Sam on behalf of the FS team
    PS: My apologies, your post was inadvertently held up in moderation

PineapplePear
    • Total posts: 83
    Up

Hi Stacey

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the launch of the new business, exciting times!

I can help with some of your questions :)

Postage:

I’d make a trip to Officeworks and see what sort of boxes/padded bags suit your headbands and how they price up vs the cost of what you are selling for.

Alternatively you could probably find some suppliers on ebay that might be more cost effective.

Postage, I’d probably just stick with Australia Post to start, if you figure out which bag suits most orders, you could price your shipping accordingly to that. Once you grow you can look at things like eparcel, but you need volume for that.
    I’d invest in some tissue paper (http://www.barama.com.au) is reasonably priced and some ribbon to wrap your orders before they go in the protect post pack. Online customers love receiving goods that look gorgeous! :)

Advertising Areas
    Look at the online childrens blogs/directories for banner advertising and also those that offer free listings. If you’re selling on facebook to start I’d also look at facebook ads as well. Some to look at could be: Kidspot, Babyology, Mums Grapevine, Bondville, Baby Universe, Bubhub etc.

Design work
    I can help with any items you need if interested :) just shoot me an email if you are I can send you a price list.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

There are a lot of groups for mums on Facebook that have business hours to promote your products, this is a great place to start.

King Creative
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

Hi Stacey,

If you’re looking for another site to sell your goods through http://www.shopify.com/ is a good site. Pinterest would also be a great site to sell through.

With Facebook’s algorithm changing you might as well sell your products through as many sites as you can because not as many people will be exposed to your Facebook posts/ads as in previous years.

Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.