Home – New Forums Starting your journey Advice: Getting first clients

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    richard@baioss
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hey there,

We’ve started a web design company, focusing on providing complete online solutions to small business.

The problem we’re having is getting ball rolling, getting those first clients. Can you please suggest how to approach this?

Thank you!
    -r

trymyluck
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

You didnt cover this small issue in your business plan ??? 😮

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up
    richard@baioss, post: 130077 wrote:
    Hey there,

We’ve started a web design company, focusing on providing complete online solutions to small business.

The problem we’re having is getting ball rolling, getting those first clients. Can you please suggest how to approach this?

Thank you!
    -r

First of all I would suggest that you start by including your web address in your signature. Blog regularly to give yourself some authority. Invest in SEO and be patient with it. Join social networking platforms such as Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook and interact with others. Don’t be about selling. Focus on developing relationships. Attend as many networking events as possible and also do some cold calling. It isn’t going to happen overnight for you but if you stick at it and absorb as much information as you can then you are more likely to be successful.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Richard,

Good question,
    I find buyer confidence is an important factor, this is achieved through transparency and accountability. I searched baioss and found a us domain – I’ll assume its yours due to the uniqueness of the name. The site looks alright but I cant tell if your in Australia or OS so your pricing is confusing.

Steve

AdvancedPetSitting
    • Total posts: 357
    Up

My 2 cents:
    Try to create some buzz about your business, do some pro-bono work for people you know and this could lead to word of mouth referrals.

Boost Your Profitz
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

“Every customer you want is already someone else’s customer” one of the most over-looked marketing strategies is strategic alliance its low cost to nil and very affective it works by partnering up with another business/s and offering a service or product to there databases, in the profit mechanics we have something that’s called a 10 point plan you partner up with 10 businesses and only make an offer to there A grade customers then you only get ideal prospects of which you can make even better offers to as there are fewer of them and they are more likely to buy

Regards

Danny Maletin

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

You need to get others talking about you and the only way that’s going to happen is for those people to have met you, either online or offline via networking tools and meetings, and also for people to have seen your site. Your email (and forum) signature is your online business card – so use it.

Be proactive, join in, be helpful to others and the work will start coming in. But it can take awhile. Good luck!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Join on online discussions dedicated to your niche, then after some time you can include your website signature in your profile. You may also start by listing your website to business directories.

jon wight
    • Total posts: 38
    Up

I think the key is to not see them as clients.

You need to build relationships and see how you can help people. “People dont care how much you know until you show how much you care”

Networking events are a great place to meet good people.

When i started a good friend told me the more coffees I have the more successful I would be. He was right.

Coffee anyone?

Adam Stanecki
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

Some ideas:

• give your service away
    • create a competition for your services
    • sponsor an event or similar
    • join onlin forums and provide free advice
    • find businesses that you can form alliances with
    • find or create a tight niche
    • talk about your business with everyone
    • ask for referrals from friends and colleagues
    • get active on social media
    mturner
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Well, a web design business is a highly competative industry these days. It can also be a real pain in the backside – I know – I have set one up before and I ended up getting out while I could because of outrageous amounts of tax (the business was based in france) and other big companies tried to stop us by threatening us with legal action!…. but that’s another story.

I would advise making a big online portfolio of website’s that you’ve made. That is No.1 – important. Obviously people want to see what you can do. Also you need to be very careful when agreeing on work you do.

– Draw up an agreement with the client and STICK TO IT. Clients that have no understanding of the web will ask you for so many extras. Make sure you don’t get sucked into that nonsense of doing work for free as so many people do.
    – To get more clients, advertise locally maybe? Go shop to shop and ask if they need a website – and give them a flyer with a direct link to your portfolio.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.