Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Advice needed about distributing a cool product

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    theshining
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi Folks,

I’ve been reading this forum and would really appreciate it if fellow forum users could provide some advice for me.

Basically I have invented a really cool product that sells fairly well to the funky “gifts” and “mens accessories” crowd for 20-35 year olds – i say this based on experience selling at the markets for over a year.

However, how do I find distrubutors who have the industry contacts, which could get my product to be sold in stores such as Myer, Gift Shops, Australia post retail outlets etc?

Does anybody know of such distributors? Where do I look?

I would really appreciate any useful information about this.

Thanks!

accstat
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Hi,
    You may need to look at a number of distributors to find ones that you are comfortable with and that will be willing to represent your brand. There are some national ones (like H&B) and others are state based (like AFD). Many store chains also have their own buys so you could try to arrange a meeting yourself. The best advice I can give is get a good proposal together with market analysis and financial and then approach national distributions and the buyers of national outlets armed with good information on how you think the product will sell and who is likely to be the customer.
    Best regards,
    James

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

You could also look at the GHA – Gift and Homewares Industry where, if you are a member, you can get contacts and attend their trade fairs etc.

http://www.agha.com.au/

The February Fair Sydney 27 Feb-2 March 2010.

See http://homeandgiving.com/ for both exhibitors and visiting information.
    You must have an ABN to register.

theshining
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    accstat, post: 23259 wrote:
    Hi,
    You may need to look at a number of distributors to find ones that you are comfortable with and that will be willing to represent your brand. There are some national ones (like H&B) and others are state based (like AFD). Many store chains also have their own buys so you could try to arrange a meeting yourself. The best advice I can give is get a good proposal together with market analysis and financial and then approach national distributions and the buyers of national outlets armed with good information on how you think the product will sell and who is likely to be the customer.
    Best regards,
    James

Thanks for the replies so far.

So do you have the websites of H&B or AFD? I dont’ seem to be able to find them online.

It would be great to find more agencies which can “get me through the door” to retailers & big and small so they can stock my products.

Very much appreciated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.