Home – New Forums Find the help you need Advice on hiring someone for the first time

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ally M
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone.

I’m looking for some advice on how to hire someone to cover my business while I’m overseas.
    I have a small web design business that’s grown pretty quickly. I’m at the stage now where I need to hire someone to look after things while I’m overseas for a few weeks. I’ll still be checking emails but I need someone here to respond to enquiries and troubleshoot if required.

I honestly have no idea where to start to find someone. I think I’d like to go through an agency/recruiter in order to make things as easy as possible admin-wise.

Its definitely not a full time job for this person – they would be working from home and just responding to any incoming enquiries. However, if there are issues they may need to fix them, so web development knowledge is required.

Obviously finding someone with good references and who is trustworthy is a #1 priority. The job would suit someone like a mum with a young family because the work is really flexible.
    There is also a possibility this could turn into a longer-term arrangement as my business grows.

Where to begin? Can anyone recommend any recruiters where I could find such a person? This is all new to me. :confused:

My Virtual Me
    Participant
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

G’day :)

Have you heard of a Virtual Assistant? They can do exactly as you describe.

I recommend putting in a request at http://www.virtuallyyours.com.au with all your needs.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Ally M,
    Yep, sounds like a virtual assistant is the way to go.
    There’s a lot of great VAs on the forums and also lots in our Member directory (including My Virtual Me :)) The full list is here which might be worth a look: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/directory/Business-support-Administration/Virtual-Assistants
    All the best
    Peter

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Definitely a job for a Virtual Assistant. Surprised you haven’t heard of us before :)

I have a team of VAs, many of which are well versed in website management (me included) and I’m sure we would have the right person for the role for you.

Where are you heading off to?

My Virtual Me
    Participant
    Up

Yes Peter I am a VA, but I was by no means plugging my own services. There are plenty of other more suitable VA’s for the job :)

Ally M
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Thank you so much everyone for your help and nice to hear that everyone agres that a Virtual Assistant is the way to go.

Hiring a VA did cross my mind – but do you think I could find someone with some web debvelopment knowledge?

Hopefully I can…I will start looking into this right away. Thanks again.

My Virtual Me
    Participant
    Up

There are hundreds with web development skills, you should definitely find one!

Good luck with your search :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

There are like a number of virtual assistants you’ll find online, just be sure to check on them thoroughly. It will help if you look for reviews or past customers’ comments about their service

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.