Home – New Forums Starting your journey Advice on How to Market

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Hitesharora
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Dear all,

With all the panic happening around in this trying times, I noticed an increase demand for Hand Sanitiser Dispensers. I took the plunge and albeit a bit late, my order of Automatic hand sanitiser dispensers do not arrive until end of this month.
    In the meantime, I have built my website and have other ideas to sell the product, but would appreciate if I may get some advice from expert members in this forum as to what would be the best way to sell my product. I have ad placements in mind, contacting businesses by email etc but would like some suggestions. Many thanks all!

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

You’re well behind the ball and I think the marketing of this product will be difficult as most places and people who might want them already have them. Unless the product you are trying to sell is in some way different and markedly better than what is available you may have to cut your losses. Sorry, I can’t offer any advice.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Hitesharora, post: 270223, member: 118188 wrote:
    I took the plunge and albeit a bit late, my order of Automatic hand sanitiser dispensers do not arrive until end of this month.

Sounds like you are just planning to spend good money after you have already spent good money. Not saying you wont sell them, but you have passed the peak of the curve.

Personally I would say if you are building your whole business and marketing campaign on this single product, well you will get a marketer to recommend a strategy that will cost you a gazillion dollars, and will put you in the poor house. Every distributor I deal with are selling the stuff already, has it ready to go and have being selling heaps already.

Good luck

RunicConvenience
    • Total posts: 186
    Up

I think you jumped the gun on this. Way to slow on the market any movement of your stock now is going to be paying through the nose to get customers to trust you over every other option at a cheaper value.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Welcome to the forums [USER=118188]@Hitesharora[/USER]!

• Do some searching to find places that are still out of stock. Maybe you can get it to them cheaper or quicker than their usual supplier?
    • Sell to places that are going through a lot of it (for less than they are paying). Their unplanned costs are probably adding up.
    • Take a crate door to door. Tell them you story, and now you’re selling for half-price to recoup some of your losses. People like a bargain.
    • Donate to a hospital in a country that is struggling for supplies.

I don’t know the details of your product, or your situation, but just some ideas.
    Dave

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 215
    Up
    Hitesharora, post: 270223, member: 118188 wrote:
    Dear all,

With all the panic happening around in this trying times, I noticed an increase demand for Hand Sanitiser Dispensers. I took the plunge and albeit a bit late, my order of Automatic hand sanitiser dispensers do not arrive until end of this month.
    In the meantime, I have built my website and have other ideas to sell the product, but would appreciate if I may get some advice from expert members in this forum as to what would be the best way to sell my product. I have ad placements in mind, contacting businesses by email etc but would like some suggestions. Many thanks all!

Your product is pretty generic and there probably isn’t much to differentiate it from your competitors so I’m not sure if it is a great idea to spend a small fortune on marketing.

Are you selling B2C or B2B?

If you’re doing B2B, you might just need to contact companies or wholesalers that would want this product.

businesstrade.com.aubuy or sell a business
    Hitesharora
    Up
    Rowan@quaotic, post: 270224, member: 28171 wrote:
    You’re well behind the ball and I think the marketing of this product will be difficult as most places and people who might want them already have them. Unless the product you are trying to sell is in some way different and markedly better than what is available you may have to cut your losses. Sorry, I can’t offer any advice.

Thanks, Rowan,…You may be right, I am well behind and I am just hoping that the product has enough demand, or at least sustains for a longer time. The only difference is, its made of stainless steel, whereas the current products available are made of plastic and/or aluminium. Mine appears a bit more aesthetically pleasing (I hope so). Thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread, appreciate it!

Hitesharora
    Up
    bb1, post: 270225, member: 53375 wrote:
    Sounds like you are just planning to spend good money after you have already spent good money. Not saying you wont sell them, but you have passed the peak of the curve.

Personally I would say if you are building your whole business and marketing campaign on this single product, well you will get a marketer to recommend a strategy that will cost you a gazillion dollars, and will put you in the poor house. Every distributor I deal with are selling the stuff already, has it ready to go and have being selling heaps already.

Good luck
    Thanks BB1. I was trying hard to ignore your feedback because I feel you are spot on with your advice. I was trying to be an ostrich with its head in the sand. I may end up losing money and I am hoping my product even though late, still manages to capture some market share. I am planning to give it a good shot and hoping to advertise on Google. Costing me a lot as you suggested, but I am unsure what other options I have…Any feedback is appreciated

Hitesharora
    Up
    RunicConvenience, post: 270227, member: 112020 wrote:
    I think you jumped the gun on this. Way to slow on the market any movement of your stock now is going to be paying through the nose to get customers to trust you over every other option at a cheaper value.

Thanks Runic for your feedback. I am worrying now and with the new lockdown in place, my only hope is businesses which haven’t returned back to work may buy my product. Do you think marketing on google, facebook will work

Hitesharora
    Up
    Dave – FS Concierge, post: 270228, member: 49676 wrote:
    Welcome to the forums [USER=118188]@Hitesharora[/USER]!

• Do some searching to find places that are still out of stock. Maybe you can get it to them cheaper or quicker than their usual supplier?
    • Sell to places that are going through a lot of it (for less than they are paying). Their unplanned costs are probably adding up.
    • Take a crate door to door. Tell them you story, and now you’re selling for half-price to recoup some of your losses. People like a bargain.
    • Donate to a hospital in a country that is struggling for supplies.

I don’t know the details of your product, or your situation, but just some ideas.
    Dave

Hi Dave, I sincerely appreciate your feedback and the time you have taken to give me some advice. I am going to take your feedback on board. I like the idea of going door to door if everything else fails. At present, the marketing approach I have is Business emails, Google ad and facebook. Fingers crossed, with the new lockdown in place, I hope the demand increases and sustains for a long time, Thanks again for your advice Dave!!

Hitesharora
    Up
    BusinessTrade, post: 270233, member: 113709 wrote:
    Your product is pretty generic and there probably isn’t much to differentiate it from your competitors so I’m not sure if it is a great idea to spend a small fortune on marketing.

Are you selling B2C or B2B?

If you’re doing B2B, you might just need to contact companies or wholesalers that would want this product.

Thanks BusinessTrade. I appreciate your time. The only thing which differentiates is the steel body unlike plastic body by competitors.
    Planning to sell B2C, and then B2B on wholesale price.
    Mnay thanks again for your advise. I am also looking at placing ads on Google.Facebook

Hitesharora
    Up

Thanks everyone who has responded to my thread. I appreciate your time.
    My heart sank a little and a little more with every feedback, and I just hope that the new lockdown in place increases demand. Hoping to stay positive and will take suggestion by Dave to target B2C by door to door campaign!
    Any other feedback will be appreciated!

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Dave – FS Concierge, post: 270228, member: 49676 wrote:

And this is why you ignore any advise you ever receive on a forum. Check the ACCC guidelines before you consider this approach.

Hitesharora
    Up

Thanks BB1, If its not too inconvenient, may you help me by sharing the exact page link that I should be reading, please

Hitesharora
    Up
    Hitesharora, post: 270257, member: 118188 wrote:
    Thanks BB1, If its not too inconvenient, may you help me by sharing the exact page link that I should be reading, please

Ok, found some information on Door to Door sales. It seems if I sell without an agreement then its a breach, but if I ask them to purchase through my website which has all terms and conditions then i should be Ok..I think so….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.