Home – New Forums Tech talk Advice on improving SEO

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    theeverydaytrader
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I would love some feedback on my website SEO and how i can improve it.

http://www.theeverydaytrader.com

I have done various link building etc over the years but the results haven’t been outstanding, i would love to really push this website forward now.

Thanks

AGMBris
    • Total posts: 319
    Up

Hi

I too am in the flows of learning more about the world of SEO.

It is an ever changing landscape with the google constantly adapting for unfair/not normal use of the google machine.

Would be keen to share and grown a knowledge base together.

One thing you may want to read up on is the implementation of a syndicate level of SEO, so having a level of sites below your money sites that you then create importance too. Rather then just linking to your money site.

Also, an associate of mine has written a very good introduction to SEO that may help and he has successfully created ranking for competitive keywords in his industry – perhaps might help and wanted to extend that to you.

http://www.thesimpleseoguide.com/about-us

Look fwd to chatting more.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Anthony,

Looks like a great book, I read the sample and it makes a lot of sense.

Thanks

Steve

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi
    SEO essentially involves:

• Research
    • Strategy
    • Website structure
    • Website design
    • Relevant content
    • HTML code elements
    • Hypertext links

I don’t see much evidence of any of these SEO elements being addressed on your website.

SEO is only half of the equation. SEO that does not also look at conversion of site visitors into people who contact you is also a waste.

If you are serious, you need some professional advice.
    Regs,
    JohnW

Blue Jet
    • Total posts: 189
    Up
    JohnW, post: 123767 wrote:
    Hi
    SEO essentially involves:

• Research
    • Strategy
    • Website structure
    • Website design
    • Relevant content
    • HTML code elements
    • Hypertext links

I don’t see much evidence of any of these SEO elements being addressed on your website.

If you are serious, you need some professional advice.
    Regs,
    JohnW

1. $$$
    2. effort
    3. and patience

Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up

I can’t emphasis enough, the importance of longtail keywords – more specific, longer terms. Eg. instead of “business cards” I optimise for terms such as “quality business cards australia”. Work out what people want, which you can provide, and do your seo based on these results.

Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

Hi there,

There are main three factors for SEO.

1: Keywords: SEO is Game of Keywords in Search marketing, i Do not know which you are targeting
    2: On page: Your website has good On page work
    3: Off page work: I think there might be something missing

There are many SEO company on FS, we also can help you for SEO..

thanks,
    vilson

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    Shane Walker
    • Total posts: 129
    Up

Hi everydaytrader!

I would be happier to help you with some plans for the SEO of your website but from your question, I’m not sure what is that you want to do.

When it comes to SEO, the first thing that you have to do is to sit first with a SEO consultant like myself and discuss what it is that you actually want the website to do. Then, we can work on a plan of which way to achieve that.

In SEO, you’ve got two things to focus on; on-page and off-page optimisation. The on-page optimisation is set for the correct keywords that you wish to rank for. But more important to that, you should always set your website for the person who will be reading it. At the end of the day, Google does not take money out of its wallet to buy from you, it’s the customer!

Moreover, you need to do some extensive research which I can help you with regarding what market or keyword you wish to target. There are two kinds of keywords; the long-tail and short-tail. Some say that you must target long-tail keywords because they are easy to rank for. However, long-tail keywords won’t make you as many sales as compared to high converting keywords.

Whether you go for higher converting keywords or long-tail ones, it still all boils down to how much money you are willing to spend and what would be your expected return of investment. For instance, you would want to rank for the keyword “weight loss” which is very hard to rank for and you are just selling a 15$ weight loss ebook. This would not be worth your time because it will cause you thousands of dollars to rank for, given that you are only selling 15 dollars at a time. Therefore, you really need to work out on your return of investment based on the number of sales that you are likely to get ranking for a particular keyword as compared to the cost and time that it will take you to rank for that particular keyword.

Regards,

sparker10
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

There are 2 main areas of SEO. You have to get both these right to improve your rankings.

Firstly onsite has to be correct before you even consider offsite.

1) Onsite – I have heard people saying onsite doesn’t play a big role any more. I don’t believe this for a second…Google wants websites that are structured well and have good content. Make sure all your pages have unique Title tags, meta keyword and descriptions and have good relevant content on each page with internal linking.

2) Offsite – Continuous back linking to your site. I would keep keywords in anchor text to a minimum or else you will get penalised for over optimisation.

There are a few good blog posts by Upsearch that might be of some interest to you. One of interest to me that you might find interesting is the one to do with conversions. There is no point in being number 1 in Google if when people click on your site they leave straight away – if anything optimising your site for conversions is just as important as making it rank through SEO techniques.

KristinM
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Your website looks really intriguing :) As for SEO, I’d love to get some SEO help as well. I’ve done my best with all the possible tools but apparently my website doesn’t go further than 3d page.

Rocka
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

I sincerely think you have been misguided by instant SEO Experts guide who usually have this pattern:
    – you have to subscribe to his/her website to watch videos or read the SEO guides
    – you are guided to buy links from his/her network
    – you are encouraged to resell his/her affiliate links or membership

SEO is not that hard, and not that simple at the same time. All you need is to understand your product, your audience, how to communicate with your audience. It is the relation to human, search engine is just a tool to reach your audience.

Of course you also need to understand your tools and how to use ’em. Your main tools are your website and the search engine. This is where you will have dozens of different checklist when you talk to different experts because each experts has different theories and experience.

I have some practical advice:
    – Building inbound links is old time SEO. It still works but it works differently now. Stop wasting your money and time in this, you are even putting your website in danger. Let it grow naturally. If you want to build your inbound links, be very-very selective.
    – It looks like your internal SEO or on-page SEO is not enough. Just try to change your WordPress theme to something else and see the outcome in a few weeks. Try it again some other time.
    – Keep posting good and new information to your website, on daily basis.
    – Make new friends everyday and invite them to see your website (just like the clever thing you did by posting this question)
    – Keep doing it, SEO is not one time process but you will always need to maintain your ranking.

Hope there’s something useful in my post

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Changing your wordpress theme every few weeks is an SEO strategy?

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Aidan, post: 124325 wrote:
    Changing your wordpress theme every few weeks is an SEO strategy?The only certain thing about asking for SEO tips on a forum is that you will get bad advice.

This is a handy guide: http://www.google.com/webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

If you are going to go with a professional, be wary and go with someone you trust. Aidan is somebody I would trust with my SEO.

Goof luck!

Rocka
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    Aidan, post: 124325 wrote:
    Changing your wordpress theme every few weeks is an SEO strategy?

Rocka, post: 124314 wrote:
    – It looks like your internal SEO or on-page SEO is not enough. Just try to change your WordPress theme to something else

The reason behind that is because I think the website is lacking on-page optimisation. Some WordPress themes or plugins has better on page SEO than others. So, changing the theme or plugin to something that has better on-page SEO is a very simple strategy.

And I did not mean that theeverydaytrader should change the theme every few weeks at all. This is just one simple possible way to improve on page SEO, if the new theme has better on-page SEO.

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Hi Rocka,

I think I understand where you are coming from. Usually though an SEO will just fix the navigation or internal linking or whatever it is that a theme might be messing up.

It’s not wise to just go changing themes in the hope that one of them might be a better one for SEO, far better to understand what the problem is first then deal with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.