Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Advice on Logo Choice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    donnafrithdesign
    • Total posts: 101
    Up
    ::

Ditto Karen and Dan, number one is the way to go with the kerning finetuned. Looking fabulous!! :)

Paul Cunningham
    • Total posts: 69
    Up

Yes number nine for all the reasons stated here. However, I too tend to associate airconditioning with cooling rather than heating so am unsure about why your designer went with the sun image in the first place. Not that its an issue or doesn’t look good or anything – just an observation.

TSH-SR
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Hi Dean,
    As far as the Logos go – I agree with the rest of the reviewers that No 1 is the best of the lot. Anything else will get lost in a monogram on a shirt.

Just on the Air conditioning and Heating issue – a tag line will be needed to overcome the 50% of customers who will not realise you do heating as well as A/C from your logo. I have found in my business that it is really common for customers to assume that I do not do other closely related products/services.

I will just ask the question to check that you are not infringeing on anyones trademark or registered trading name, besides Chris’s Father in-laws business, I found 1 other, my thought is to make sure you have this side of it sorted before you spend money on logos, printing, signage etc.

From 1 tradie to another, I hope it all goes well for you.

Regards Tony

Feng Shui & BaZi
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi Dean,

Congrats to your new endeavour. Although I am a Feng Shui Consultant, but I have been in design and communication business for many years and advised many clients on their corporate collaterals.

There are three areas I will normally approach a logo:

1) Relevance – Air Conditioning is meant to cool and ease the heat. Hence the snowflake works well. Blue delivers the coolness which is spot on for your business. However, I have my reservation of the Sharp orange shape, which i suppose represents the sun. This colour is too strong and ‘hot’ and fights with the logo, doesnt really deliver the coolness

2) Consistency of Colour during reprint – Keeping the corporate colour in similar shades is always a nightmare. In your case, if you keep the colours to only Black and Cyan, you can adopt a 100% K and 100%C which is a universal colour scheme that will minimise problems of different shades of blue or black.

3) Cost – This is more relevant to big corporation with many staff and high turn over. Printing name cards can be expensive. I am not sure if this will affect you, but it’s good practise to keep in mind just in case your business might grow into a huge corporatiton (dare to dream). Keeping colours as simple as possible is the best way to go. Easy for brand recall and easier to manage consistency. Just think of Daikin’s logo – there’re only two colours.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Chris Lai

chrlu
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi Dean,

Could you advise which company or designers did you go with? I’m looking for a logo designer too.

Thanks

Regards,
    Chris

Crash Lander
    • Total posts: 83
    Up

I like number 6 on page 3.

17261#deleted
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

I am with Donna on this one, even after viewing all 4 pages. I think a simple design can often stand out more than those which contain more detail.

I don’t mind the snowflake, although I think I would adjust the design a little, again I agree with Donna, although I would tone down the sun (just a little) to allow the snowflake to stand out more….hence cooling.

All the best with your final design.

Carly Westbye
    Graphix@Madison
    http://www.graphixatmadison.com.au/

Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up

Whipped up a couple of other ideas, moving away from the traditional sun and snowflake symbols…

Untitled-1-1.jpg

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up

I personally think the 1st one of Leisa’s is WAY ahead of any of the options originally presented.

I suspect this is a very old thread dredged up and may no longer be relevant, but if you are still looking at choices I would suggest speaking with Leisa about developing that logo for you further (you would have to pay her of course, but worth it!)

Matt

Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up

Thanks Matt, must remember to check dates on threads before I get carried away! Although it doesn’t hurt to knock out the occasional spec logo to keep the mind active between projects…

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.