Home – New Forums Starting your journey Advice on starting a new online marketplace

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    stevetee1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    ::

Hi guys

I have been looking into starting an online marketplace in the craft drinks space (think Etsy) and am very keen on getting some advice on how to approach directly these craft drink makers to list on said marketplace. Currently at the time of typing this post there are no such marketplaces to compare to in Australia or elsewhere online that I could find in my research. I would also like to know any legalities surrounding such concept and anyone who has experience in creating online marketplaces. Thanks in advance!

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

It sounds like a good idea but with a lot of logistics to overcome.

Picking up the phone might be the best way to approach the brewers.

You would need to deal with State based laws in all states so seeking formal legal help would be my recommendation.

Good luck.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

There may not be any because of the issues around liquor licensing, proof of age, etc, etc.

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

https://www.beercartel.com.au/

This type of thing?

stevetee1
    Participant
    Up
    Johny, post: 263205, member: 34822 wrote:
    https://www.beercartel.com.au/

This type of thing?

Not quite Johnnny. I think that mob are more so an online liqour retail store and they seem to have a few bricks and mortar shops too.

stevetee1
    Participant
    Up
    bb1, post: 263203, member: 53375 wrote:
    There may not be any because of the issues around liquor licensing, proof of age, etc, etc.

In regards to that, there is an abundance of online liqour retail websites who have the required licensing and protocols in place around proof of age upon delivery etc. With that in mind I am trying to figure out if I would need further licencing or anything else to have these breweries essentially advertise through my marketplace website and conduct business as an added income stream to their existing sources.

stevetee1
    Participant
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 263198, member: 78928 wrote:
    It sounds like a good idea but with a lot of logistics to overcome.

Picking up the phone might be the best way to approach the brewers.

You would need to deal with State based laws in all states so seeking formal legal help would be my recommendation.

Good luck.

Hi Paul

Thanks for the input. I will definitely need to further my research and dig a little deeper to come to terms with the requirements for such an endeavor.

CharlieHawking
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hey!

Creating an online marketplace for craft drinks is a great idea! To approach craft drink makers, you can start by researching and identifying potential vendors who align with your marketplace’s vision and values.

You could reach out to them through personalized emails or messages on social media, introducing your platform and highlighting the benefits of listing with you, such as increased exposure and access to a wider customer base.

As for legalities, it’s crucial to research and complies with any laws and regulations related to selling alcoholic beverages online, such as obtaining the necessary permits or licenses.
    Consulting with legal experts or seeking advice from experienced entrepreneurs in the online marketplace industry can provide valuable insights and help ensure that you’re operating within the legal framework.

Read this blog to know more about starting a new online business

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.