Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Advice on tele marketing effectiveness.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Blake Wallace
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Hey all it has been a while since i have been on here but i was just curious as to how effective paying people to call companies and offer your products.
    My business is called Creative Covers it specializes in custom phone/tablet Covers which the user can draw on using permanent marker and then remove it using a cleaning spray.

I have a few friends that are very charismatic and more comfortable with social interactions then myself and i was going to pay them to phone a few stores that sell phone accessories and ask if they are interested, etc.

Can i please get some opinions on doing so whether it will be to intrusive?

Thanks alot

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Blake, as good as your friends may be, there is a professional approach when Telemarketing and I would recommend you pay a professional. If not to do the call, at least write the script. They charge about $5:50 per call over 50 calls.

Don’t look at the short term expense but the on going sales once you have established a couple of resellers…

Justin Laju
    • Total posts: 89
    Up
    Blake Wallace, post: 189691 wrote:
    Hey all it has been a while since i have been on here but i was just curious as to how effective paying people to call companies and offer your products.
    My business is called Creative Covers it specializes in custom phone/tablet Covers which the user can draw on using permanent marker and then remove it using a cleaning spray.

I have a few friends that are very charismatic and more comfortable with social interactions then myself and i was going to pay them to phone a few stores that sell phone accessories and ask if they are interested, etc.

Thanks alot

Hi Blake!

Thanks for sharing…

I’ve built start-up businesses into growing companies doing just what you have described. It is not intrusive at all, it’s how business is done. It is only intrusive if you do it intrusively.

When you call the right businesses, with honour, respect and integrity – its relationship engineering at its best.

It works very well.

You will have beeter luck if you target brick and mortar stores rather than online retailers (or at least brick and mortar first). They have more budget, and a bigger flow of customers (in the majority).

You will need to generate a solid script, good email details with images and a breakdown of the product. Also have a “clear path” for them to order, a clear idea on your minimum order, shipping details around the country etc.

Call, get names if they are not there, and send details, follow up to close, follow up to close.

Features, benefits – objections – features that handle each objection, the benefits of those features, close. Objection, feature to handle that objection, benefit of that feature – close.

Now, how effective is effective?

Expect to put the hard yards into the campaign before it will yield – it takes time to walk, but if you keep getting up when you fall over – the system starts to learn balance. When you start to learn balance you begin to adjust and still fall. As you learn to adjust to balance you start to walk. When you start to walk, you build momentum. In time you will be running a business, not wondering how to sell phone accessories.

So, in the beginning expect to put in 3-40 hours of calling 9maybe 10-15 calls an hour.

Look to build it, not for success. If you build it they will come.

But you have to push hard and consistently against the fabric of creation or you will quit before you break through.

Remember ABC (Always Be Closing).

I train businesses to sell over the phone if you want a “starter” setup configured.

Best of Luck!

ambrking
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Agree with Justin. Start with a script and a list of companies and things will follow. It will be quite challenging but as soon as you get the hang of it, it will be easier.

If you are uncomfortable with calling, you can try sending them email first and they follow up with a call.

Good luck!

RICHSTUDENT
    • Total posts: 24
    Up
    Blake Wallace, post: 189691 wrote:

Thanks alot

Hi Blake,

I gather that your products are innovative-type products, therefore I suggest that you head to Fiverr.com and hire a “video scriber” to create a video on your product for around $10-$100, depending on the quality you’re looking for.

Best way to sell your product is through online, and a good marketing strategy and branding..

Videos are a great way for you to generate the income you’re looking for, along with paid advertising on youtube + facebook.

I don’t recommend you wasting your money on telemarketing, or offline marketing on these types of products.

First step is to create a “video scribe” and then edit it to however professional you want it to be.

Then create a marketing brand for the product, something catchy, and create a new domain for that brand

Create a website based on videos of your products, along with shopping cart in it..

Send traffic to your site by paid advertising (do your keyword & target market research first) – through facebook ads + youtube video ads

To Your Success

Dave

Blake Wallace
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Thankyou all so very much for your advice, seems very helpful! I will definitely look into everything you have all said. I just think that for anything to work i will have to stick at it non-stop.
    Cheers! and the video idea sounds really good. I will look into that thanks a lot for all of your help

PerfectNotes-Kathy
    • Total posts: 500
    Up

Hi Blake,

You’ve got some great advice here. The only thing that I would add is a note that whoever calls your potential customers or distributors needs to remember that a phone call still gives cues – just because you can’t be seen, doesn’t mean that the other person has no idea about your attitude – so if you are not feeling confident and happy, they will know. So, if you are not confident about making the call and have an offer from someone else to do it for you, take it! But they will still need a script and they will need to start the call with a smile. :)

Kathy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.