Home – New Forums Starting your journey Advice re prices on website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    ::
    bluepenguin, post: 206194 wrote:
    If your marketing is largely focused on price, you’ll attract clients that only care about price – and they are the worst type of clients.

Agree 200%

MikeDav
    • Total posts: 163
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 206028 wrote:
    I am a big advocate of people ALWAYS having pricing on their site, regardless of the business type.

You can have a from price or hourly rate or anything but at least by giving a figure this is one question that interested people do not have to ask. The calls you receive will only be from people who already know they can afford you.

Almost everyone will go to a website before they do business with a business so the further you send them through the sales process on your site, the less work you need to do once you speak to them.

Your pricing should never be a secret and it just helps to make your website do a little more of the work for you.

Hi Libby, I would have to agree with Kelly’s comment above.

By having your prices on the website you qualify your incoming calls and get rid of a lot of the time wasters.

If you don’t have your prices up then you also risk losing customers who are simply put off by the fact that they can’t find a price and assume that your prices are at the high end of the scale.

libos04
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Wow, thank you so much for the fantastic feedback everyone! It seems we’re split pretty well 50/50 so I think I may try bluepenguin’s suggestion – leave prices off for a set period then try adding them and compare. Of course there will be other factors affecting business seeing as it’s a startup. I guess there’s no right or wrong answer!

ThoughtMeter.com
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

Hi,

Don’t forget to put somewhere nice & clear, wether you accept hicaps. As a private health fund member thats one of (not the first but not far behind) questions I ask.

Come to think of it, my fund (NIB) even has a directory of “suppliers” so you could also get on that or see if the concept applies for other funds. Any bit of free advertising helps!

Best of luck

Todd

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Howdy :)

For me, I always like prices to be displayed – or at the very least a range so I don’t have to waste my time calling.

I think we often underestimate the intelligence of our customers. If you offer more value for the price then that should clearly be displayed on your website :)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.