Home – New Forums Tech talk AdWords 13c/click How on Earth did I ?!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DreamscanbeVisions
    • Total posts: 284
    Up
    ::

Okay hello everyone hope you’re all doing well,

I’ve had an adwords campaign running for a while now & it has been targetting Australia. Just today I decided to target a few other countries i.e USA, Canada, Uk, Singapore & I don’t know how but for some crazy reason the CPC is only 13cents for the latter countries (in same campaign)!!!!!

How could this be ??? Yet the Aussie market is a crazy 80cents+ ?

The only difference is in the international adgroups I’ve put only phrase matches & my bid is $1 instead of the aussie campaign which is $2.

The quality score in the INTL is 7-8/10 & the CTR is about 12% on avg so far (only been a day) but the Aussie one has most on 10/10 & ctr of 20% plus…………… can someone please explain how it could be possible for the cost to be so much different ??

Also the competition is quite equal in aussie & international so I know that’s not a factor also my position is #1 on both so I don’t understand…

Okay thank you – I’m happy & shocked & confused at the same time.

Samith
    • Total posts: 187
    Up

Well done!!

Have a look at the search terms report (under keyword tab) that might shed some light. It will show you the exact keywords that triggered the click, I’m sure you know this already, just my 2 cents :)

Tony Pfitzner
    • Total posts: 213
    Up

A couple of aspects to this:
    1) Selecting phrase rather than broad match means your keywords are more targeted and hence likely to be cheaper
    2) The bidding process behind Google is complicated. By dropping your bid price down to a $1 you may be competing against a different group for ad placements lower down the page.
    3) There could be other explanations due to competition levels in the different markets.

In general you should always set up separate campaigns for different geographic areas. Also throwing money at bids is not a good strategy in Adwords – as you have shown.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.