Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Adwords – Bing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    roxanne40
    • Total posts: 82
    Up
    ::

What are the experts opinion on Bing? If you already have a successful adwords campaign with Google shopping, PLA, remarketing and huge adwords campaign.
    Is Bing setting up along side this campaign?

MD Clean
    Participant
    • Total posts: 308
    Up

The Numbers are in – Google gets about 93% of searches so your Bing Budget should be around 5-7% of overall.

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

All I can speak for is organic as I don’t manage any Bing paid campaigns.

For one of my largest clients over 70% of their total leads since July last year have come from Google. That’s fair enough given Google’s share of the organic market place.

However Bing traffic, although much less, has converted at 14% in comparison to Google that has converted at 12.5%.

Google AdWords has converted at 15%.

The fact that numbers are competitive would provide enough reason to at least trial it for your business especially if the cost per click was significantly lower than what it was in Google.

Every business is different but if you’re aware of your AdWords conversion rate it would be worth investigating cost per click on some of the same keywords in Bing and trialling it for a month or so.

MD Clean
    Participant
    • Total posts: 308
    Up
    Byron Trzeciak, post: 230888, member: 56118 wrote:
    All I can speak for is organic as I don’t manage any Bing paid campaigns.

For one of my largest clients over 70% of their total leads since July last year have come from Google. That’s fair enough given Google’s share of the organic market place.

However Bing traffic, although much less, has converted at 14% in comparison to Google that has converted at 12.5%.

Google AdWords has converted at 15%.

The fact that numbers are competitive would provide enough reason to at least trial it for your business especially if the cost per click was significantly lower than what it was in Google.

Every business is different but if you’re aware of your AdWords conversion rate it would be worth investigating cost per click on some of the same keywords in Bing and trialling it for a month or so.
    They are impressive numbers Byron – you have found the Unicorn!

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Volume is small gents and on my last foray which admittedly is some time ago I found you could not target in quite the same way so the performance comparisons were difficult due to the apples v pineapples effect.

The last stats I saw for SE market share here in Au says Bing is at 5%.

Would love to see Bing get bigger and give us some real competition! (Don’t tell Google I said that).

markettank
    • Total posts: 15
    Natalie Khoo
    • Total posts: 67
    Up

Hi Roxanne,

I’m no search engine expert, but what I can say about Bing is that it is one of the search engines used in China, along with Baidu. So if you are marketing a product to the Chinese market, considering Bing and Baidu is crucial as Google is blocked and inaccessible in China. Universities here in Australia that target Chinese students are very diligent in sharing information across accessible networks including Ren Ren, Weibo and YouKu (China’s equivalent to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.