Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Adwords – What keywords Did I start With?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PVPT
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    ::

Hi Fellow Soloists,

Those of you who read my introduction post would know that I had some problems with my Google Adwords campaign. It was working brilliantly then collapsed as I took up Googles suggested keywords to “increase traffic”.

I have scanned the web and Google forums but cannot find an answer to the following question: Is it possible to see what keywords I originally started my campaign with and/or the dates various keywords were added to the campaign?

I want to start from the beginning and use only the inital keywords I had but cannot remember them all.

Thanks in advance,

PVPT

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Hi there,

Go to the Reporting Tab in the green bar at the top of your Adwords screen, then select ‘Change History’ which should give you everything you need based on your selection of period.

If thats a bit confusing just go to your keywords list in your campaign tab and change the date range shown to an earlier one, you’ll see what keywords got traffic during that earlier period.

Much better of course is to run a Search Query Performance Report, one of the many reports available from the reports area and see what keywords were REALLY used by your visitors. If you just put keywords into your adgroups without specifying exact match then Google will show your ads to broadly related searches. Sometimes those interpretations are VERY broad!

PVPT
    Up

Hi Aidan,

Thanks for your reply. I will look into the various report options to help locate my original key words.

With broad/exact search terms would you suggest changing all my keywords to exact terms only or is it good to have a combination. FYI my business provides resumes & cover letters.

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Hi – thats kind of an “it depends” type answer!

If you wish to target specific searches only then yes exact match is definitely the way to go.

On the other hand it means you miss out on all the mis-spellings, typos and other ways of describing things, e.g. a person might search for ‘tennis shoes’ but might also search for ‘mens size 11 tennis shoes’ or ‘mens tennis shoes Sydney’ etc etc

In general its good to have a mix then over time weed out the match types that are not working for you keyword by keyword. Do that with a careful on on those search query reports and your conversion rates and you’re ahead of the pack.

PVPT
    Up

Thank again for your help.

Its been fantastic!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.