Home – New Forums Starting your journey Affiliate marketing and dropshipping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jellie
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone on here have any experience with affiliate marketing and or dropshipping? I want to start both but have no idea where to start especially with what sort of websites I should build?

Many Thanks
    Janelle

RunicConvenience
    • Total posts: 186
    Up

be extremely sceptical. those buzzwords are wrought with shovel sellers at a possible gold mine. many people will suggest offers and solutions but little will actually lead a return or even exist once you spent the money.

any courses I would avoid like a plague. read about marketing and building a brand as well as startup ideas such as lean. iterate rapidly and always expend your ideas while also creating a personal touch.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

My question would be why do you want to do it, or is it just because thats what everyone says to do. Do a search on here and there are a number of threads already open on the subject.

PS. Your url still goes to no where in particular

RunicConvenience
    Up

what would you be selling, how passionate about it are you because if you’re not 100% into that item how can you convince customers to be

it would be like starting a landscaping business but not caring about proper garden maintenance or presentation. no one is going to want a subpar product so you need to be the biggest spokesperson for your brand.

Trent Tran
    Participant
    • Total posts: 166
    Up
    Jellie, post: 266237, member: 37661 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Does anyone on here have any experience with affiliate marketing and or dropshipping? I want to start both but have no idea where to start especially with what sort of websites I should build?

Many Thanks
    Janelle
    Hi Jellie

I assumed you know what drop shipping and affiliate marketing is, I just want to give you some examples

Drop shipping: the most popular one would be Shopify with an Oberlo App, however, you will need to have some Facebook ad skill plus a decent budget to make it works. When saying “decent” it means around $50 a day at the minimum. $5 or $10 a day will work on re-target only but generating leads

If no budget set, you can do content marketing which will work but it takes a long time for the SEO to catch up

Affiliate marketing: again, content marketing, you may review products you love and lead your audience to Amazon who will pay you a small commission for every sale. You can also blog about Fitness, for example and the Fitness Coach will provide you with a commission for every sign up (usually 10% to 30%). However, as the course is around $300 or less you receive around $30 or less per sale. Not bad if you are looking for cash. However, you need to spend a lot of time in your content + some fee for the website hosting. You also need to invest in SEO so your content could appear on the search engine.

There is another way of doing so, you partner up with someone who is already successful and close the deal for them. The product or service he or she is providing needs to have high value

For example, someone who has the capital and would like to expand his brand. He is looking for Amazon fulfilment course. The course is $4000 (for example) which is advertisied on Facebook, this person decided to contact the course provider for more info after consuming some of the free content from the course provider.

Imagine you are the closer for the course provider and you can close this deal. Usually, within in an hour, hypothetically, you are good and you could close the deal for this course provider, at least 10% (i.e $400) is yours. Do you think it is a better way to try? (in the worst case you can’t close the deal, you only lose your time because you do not have to invest anything)

The way it works which is similar to selling a house. The landlord paid the real estate agent some fee to advertise. The more they spend on advertise, the more leads they get usually. When you have the ability to close, it will take less time to close a deal. The fee you keep is around 2.5%. As the value of the house is high, so is your commission.

Jellie
    Up

Hi Trent,

Thank you so much for you reply so many things I hadn’t thought of to be honest. There is just so much info around especially on affiliate marketing that it’s hard to know what to do and read. Does make a lot of sense in regards to higher priced items, I’ve heard that a bit in the last week with the “latest and greatest thing” importing from China and selling on Amazon Australia.

Jellie
    Up
    RunicConvenience, post: 266247, member: 112020 wrote:
    what would you be selling, how passionate about it are you because if you’re not 100% into that item how can you convince customers to be

it would be like starting a landscaping business but not caring about proper garden maintenance or presentation. no one is going to want a subpar product so you need to be the biggest spokesperson for your brand.

Absolutely makes sense, I’ve been involved in MLM companies and you have to love the product or there is no point, good to know that this is the same :)

Trent Tran
    Participant
    Up
    Jellie, post: 266251, member: 37661 wrote:
    Hi Trent,

Thank you so much for you reply so many things I hadn’t thought of to be honest. There is just so much info around especially on affiliate marketing that it’s hard to know what to do and read. Does make a lot of sense in regards to higher priced items, I’ve heard that a bit in the last week with the “latest and greatest thing” importing from China and selling on Amazon Australia.

Hi Jellie, Importing from China and selling on Amazon Australia: deep down, it means you need to find a product which people love or the one which solves your customer pain points. It requires serious investment to make it works just like any other business. Amazon, ultimately, acts as a selling platform and fulfillment centre. If your products do not solve your customer issues, it will stay in their FBA centre…… forever, and you are still paying fee monthly without sales.

so if you have some capital, you will spend in on educating yourself on how to do it AND eventually, you need to spend again to purchase the goods you are going to import to use Amazon fulfillment.

[USER=37661]@Jellie[/USER] , exactly what are you looking to do?

Jellie
    Up

Hi Trent,

I’ve been hearing a bit lately about selling on Amazon Australia and it sounds great and something I would love to do. I watched a webinar last week on an aussie guy doing this but his course is $3000

RunicConvenience
    Up

that is a scam. it is the old selling pics to gold miners that have existed for YEARS this is nothing new and any research will show that these courses are how they make that big some of the money and never actually running online stores.

if your paying for a course your 100% being ripped off.

that being said you seem to match the “target” market of such scams seeing as you have used MLM which is essentially another scam designed to make the “owner” rich and seller isolated.

Trent Tran
    Participant
    Up

The product is critical here, Amazon is a selling platform which only works if your product is on demanded and flying off the shelf to a point you can no longer fulfil by yourself. This requires money upfront to invest in your products. You mentioned you love Honey and your Dad is a Honey Farmer. Why don’t you test the water by registered in Amazon and fulfil your product yourself to see if you ACTUALLY need its fulfilment service?

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Trent Tran, post: 266351, member: 66994 wrote:
    The product is critical here, Amazon is a selling platform which only works if your product is on demanded and flying off the shelf to a point you can no longer fulfil by yourself. This requires money upfront to invest in your products. You mentioned you love Honey and your Dad is a Honey Farmer. Why don’t you test the water by registered in Amazon and fulfil your product yourself to see if you ACTUALLY need its fulfilment service?

I’m completely confussled by this comment, the OP was asking about drop shipping and affiliate marketing. Self fulfilment is neither of these.

Jellie
    Up
    Trent Tran, post: 266351, member: 66994 wrote:

Sorry I’m little confused, do you mean I should use a honey product of my own and sell it on Amazon?

Jellie
    Up
    RunicConvenience, post: 266328, member: 112020 wrote:
    that is a scam. it is the old selling pics to gold miners that have existed for YEARS this is nothing new and any research will show that these courses are how they make that big some of the money and never actually running online stores.

if your paying for a course your 100% being ripped off.

that being said you seem to match the “target” market of such scams seeing as you have used MLM which is essentially another scam designed to make the “owner” rich and seller isolated.

I was very wary that’s for sure especially with the price

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.