Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Affiliate programs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MadCow
    • Total posts: 17
    Up
    ::

Just a quickie about affiliate programs (as in setting one up & you give people a kickback when they sell something for you)

Do you advise using something like ClixGalore? Or stuff on your own site/shopping cart?

I have the ability to set up an affiliate program via my shopping cart, which I’m thinking of doing, although then I have to manage it all myself.

I do have an account with ClixGalore, which, so far, has got me zero sales, but lots of dodgy people signing up to it.

(In fairness, I haven’t promoted this account much, nor sent updates to my affiliates – but I’m dubious about a good majority of them)

Anyhoo .. suggestions? Advice? Tips? Wine?

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

Wine, yes please!

I recommend going through your own program.

Affiliates are basically outsourced sales people for your business. That might not be a big deal if you’re product is one of those nameless, faceless, brandless make a million bucks on the internet type things.

But when it’s you personally that’s being represented, you want to think about WHO is doing it.

Remember – clients don’t know that the affiliates aren’t related to you and will see you as one big happy family. Any bad experiences will be transferred to you and your brand.

Keep this in mind when choosing affiliates – and set up a program that allows you to do just that!

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

I have been an affiliate and a merchant with affiliates for years. It takes a lot of work. Remember, 99% of affiliates are not worth anything to you.

Here are some blog posts I have made on the subject – old but still valid:

http://www.plusone.com.au/diary/2005/10/30/70/

http://www.plusone.com.au/diary/2005/10/16/how-to-choose-an-affiliate-program-that-will-make-you-money/

If you are small business, I would do inhouse with your cart, bearing in mind that many worthwhile affiliate will ONLy deal with ones on the networks so they get paid every month, not waiting till they reach your threshold.

MadCow
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Thank you :)

Niche
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

I have been an affiliate marketer for a while now and I have helped sell a shed load of products

i think finding the right affiliates to promote your product is crucial. If ou are not having much luck with one affiliate marketing network, perhaps you should consider other networks

On the promotion thing, as long as you give your affiliates good resources e.g. banners, email copy, etc, they should be doing the majority of the promotions

Gavin
    • Total posts: 44
    Up
    MadCow, post: 20346 wrote:
    I do have an account with ClixGalore, which, so far, has got me zero sales, but lots of dodgy people signing up to it.

Anyhoo .. suggestions? Advice? Tips? Wine?
    Just A suggestion here, Why not only accept affiliates you want to promote your site? Untick the Auto accept option and check out who applies to your program before you accept or reject them.

nimmysnv
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

According to me getting connected with some web sites that provides affilliate programs for your web site then I think it is much more beneficial for you in terms of earning resources and to drive traffic.

People are doing it just ot make money online through affiliation as, the affiliate web sites drive traffic to your web site via banner, pop up ads which let your website to get proper resources as, making web sites is of no use all it requires is to get some business out from it.

Thanks!

prepaidplans
    • Total posts: 38
    Up

Affiliate programs will bring in lots of requests to join your program but as mentioned only a few will actually deliver sales. I would use the networks to get some exposure and experience but would also do the recruiting yourself. In order to succeed you need relevant affiliates. So find the sites that you would like promoting your goods and approach them.

The problem with going alone with your own is Trust that I as an affiliate will actually ever get paid. The 2nd problem is without promotion, who is going to know that you even have a program.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.