Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Affiliates and Tax

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    electricblue
    • Total posts: 40
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

Has anyone here dealt with selling products via affiliates (example: they drive traffic to your sales funnel and they get 10% of the sale)

If so… what happens when tax rolls around? How does it work with international affiliates?

I have no idea if opening up an affiliate side of things for the business will suddenly create a load of admin work or not… Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

E

mjohnston
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

It depends if you have your program with an Affiliate Network or Privately. Affiliate Networks in most case pay the affiliates for you and therefore reduce the admin of manually doing commission payments. Affiliate networks also vary in how much management they take of your program.

At a minimum Running an Affiliate Program requires the below administrative burden:

On a Network:

• Affiliate Approvals
    • Commission Approvals
    • Creative Creation & Updates
    • Communication with Affiliates

Not on a Network:
    All of the above +

• Paying Affiliates
    • Maintaining Platform
    • Affiliate Compliance
    • Providing Support for the Platform
    Hartley
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Do you mind me asking where you found your affiliates? Or which company is managing them / finding them for you?

I am having awful trouble sourcing them in Australia.

Hamish Jones
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Your best bet would be to speak to the ATO about the tax issues but my guess would be that they are like independent contractors – hence responsible for their own taxes.

In terms of other Admin work, the most important thing is to ensure that all leads are tracked – otherwise you are going to end up with some grumpy affiliates if they think you are stealing all of their hard work.

electricblue, post: 121865 wrote:
    Hi All,

Has anyone here dealt with selling products via affiliates (example: they drive traffic to your sales funnel and they get 10% of the sale)

If so… what happens when tax rolls around? How does it work with international affiliates?

I have no idea if opening up an affiliate side of things for the business will suddenly create a load of admin work or not… Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

E

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.