Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Affordable Australian website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    arash
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hi Flyingsolo members,

We need some marketing advice for our new service. A year ago we started a service which helps us to make website for small businesses for just $9.99 per month. It has been tested by our customers so far and has been improved since then.

Our goal was to provide a website which looks as professional as expensive websites with same features such as “home,about and contact pages, blogging system, image gallery, connections to Facebook and Twitter, video player, contact/subscription forms, business locator map” and as we wanted to remove headache of managing a website, hosting and domain from business owners so we have bundled everything, meaning when you get it you will have hosting, domain and 10 business email accounts in this package.

Now our biggest challenge is to find out how to mass market this great deal. Our target is “Small Businesses who don’t have a website or have a website with less features or higher price”.

As we are all technical guys and have lack of experience in marketing we need some help. So if you have any suggestion on how we can market this service, please share it with us here.

So far we have made our customers by word of mouth and attending business networking meetings.

Best regards,
    Arash

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Arash,

Welcome to Flying Solo and apologies that your first post got held up in our moderation queue for a while.

I’ll be interested to read the feedback and advice people offer you.

In the meantime, it would be great if you could please take a few moments to fill in your forum profile, including details of where you’re based. You can do that in the Control panel, which is accessed from the grey bar above the forum.

All the best,
    Jayne

arash
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 126647 wrote:
    Hi Arash,
    In the meantime, it would be great if you could please take a few moments to fill in your forum profile, including details of where you’re based. You can do that in the Control panel, which is accessed from the grey bar above the forum.

Hi Jayne

I added my photo and signature in the control panel but none of them get updated here.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hello Arash,

Unfortunately I don’t have any suggestions for your marketing question.
    But I took a look at your website and I really like the blackboard effect.
    Nicely done.

Steve

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

No great ideas either but I had a look around and you might want fix the link to “mobile apps”(/plans/mobile.html), I’m getting the default “Rails” 404 page.

Tough market to get into, good luck.

DavidThomas
    • Total posts: 265
    Up

As website for $10/month? Sounds too good to be true.

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

What does your package offer for $10/month that someone wouldn’t get from the variety of free website options out there?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    arash, post: 126667 wrote:
    Hi Jayne

I added my photo and signature in the control panel but none of them get updated here.

Hi arash,

Your signature is working now.

I’m sorry about your photograph. We had some trouble with them a few weeks ago, but I thought that issue had been fixed. We’ll look into it for you and be in touch.

Thanks for letting me know.
    Jayne

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    arash, post: 126667 wrote:
    Hi Jayne

Hi Arash,
    It appears these haven’t uploaded correctly. I’ve sent you a private message about this. If you send us the pic we can upload in the backend if needed.
    Cheers
    Peter

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    James Bull, post: 126735 wrote:
    It’s probably just the difference between “Profile Picture” and “Avatar”.

Arash, The picture that appears here on forum posts is your avatar, not your profile picture. See “Edit Avatar” under “Settings & Options” in the Control Panel menu.
    James

Thanks James! Good thinking, that’s exactly what it was – it is confusing having two images. Arash, I’ve now added the image to profile pic too.
    Cheers
    Peter

arash
    Up

Thanks guys. I don’t know for some reasons the photo was not getting displayed. But it seems working now “though haven’t touched it since last time I uploaded”.

Thanks Peter I got your PM and replied a second ago.

arash
    Up
    estim8, post: 126675 wrote:
    No great ideas either but I had a look around and you might want fix the link to “mobile apps”(/plans/mobile.html), I’m getting the default “Rails” 404 page.

Tough market to get into, good luck.
    Thanks for noticing. We are redesigning our business website some of the pages are not uploaded yet. will change the error with more human friendly one.

arash
    Up
    DavidThomas, post: 126713 wrote:
    As website for $10/month? Sounds too good to be true.

It is true. You can check our portfolio and see our current customers. But you have to keep in mind it just provides basic features:

• Domain and Host
    • 10 emails
    • 3 Pages “Such as Home, About, Contact”
    • Blog System
    • Image Gallery
    • Youtube Videos
    • Contact/Subscription Forms
    • Business Location Map
    • and some other features

It is good enough for most of small businesses.

arash
    Up
    Zava Design, post: 126716 wrote:
    What does your package offer for $10/month that someone wouldn’t get from the variety of free website options out there?

You cannot find the same package for free. Also most of them they are not loaded in your business name. And if you want to set it at your web address. they will charge you more than what we are charging.

What we offer is loaded at your business address “www.yourBusinessName.com”.

Plus usually business owners don’t have time to set up things. That’s what we offer additionally.

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up
    arash, post: 126753 wrote:
    You cannot find the same package for free.
    Could you clarify what your package offers that the free ones don’t, in addition to the business’ domain name?
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.