• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hazel&Elsie
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hey everyone :)

My name is Hazel and I am about to start a brand new online venture with my best friend, Sherlyn (Elsie’s her middle name). We were inspired by the idea of selling handmade shoe clips from two girls from our hometown in Borneo. They are doing great back home with their handmade headband collection on http://www.sereniandshentel.com. We are hoping that our business will kickstart in Australia and eventually make it back home to Malaysia. Sherlyn is currently studying to complete her degree, while I am unfortunately unemployed since graduation mid last year. Hence, I am creating my own opportunities in life since there isn’t any in my field at the moment.

We are still at the planning stage of our business, but have already made a few orders from suppliers we found online. I am hoping to get alotta help from you guys as we are new to the concept of online stores and are still in need of major adjustments to our current business plans. So far, I’ve done weeks of research on webhosting, budgets and filtering thru international suppliers. Everyday, we are coming up with ideas but with only so limited knowledge of how to put it out there.

Wish us luck!

XOXO,
    Hazel & Elsie

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Hazel,

Thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome aboard.

I’m not too clear what you mean when you refer to shoe clips, so I’ll look forward to learning more as you move your plans along.

We love to help around here, so please feel free to post any questions you need help with in the appropriate sections of the forum.

Say g’day to Sherlyn for us too!
    Jayne

Hazel&Elsie
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Hi Jayne,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Shoe clips are the little accessories that comes in pairs for you to clip onto plain looking shoes/heels to make your shoes look extra wow! There are also different ways of using shoe clips i.e: on your headband, as a brooch, on your flip flops, etc. We already have a number of signature designs that we hope people will like. Fingers crossed!

These are what shoe clips look like: http://www.emmersen.com.au/index.php?route=product/category&path=35

Thanks and cheers :)
    -Hazel

mexham
    • Total posts: 302
    Up

Hi Hazel,

Welcome to the boards. You have come to exactly the right place to find help and grow your new business. I’m sure there are many people that have been in a similar situation to you and have some advice and help to give.

Good to see you are working hard on the groundwork, and educating yourself through research. I think that is one of the most important things to do when you are starting is to educate yourself in many different areas of business that relate to what you are doing. Do just take the someone elses word for it, or sign up with the first webhost/designer/marketer etc you come across. Understand the market a bit better so you can make educated decisions.

Anyway, welcome again and good luck with the business.

Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.