Home – New Forums Money matters Aiming to earn $1000 clear per week

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    keepsmiling
    • Total posts: 53
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys
    Does anyone have suggestions on how to grow my business and have goals set etc.
    My own business with different clients earns around $710 clear per week averaged out but I want to make it to the $1000 mark clear so that I can save more.
    Any suggestions?

Accounts Studio
    • Total posts: 516
    Up

What is your business?

keepsmiling
    Up

i work doing telemarketing and also do letterbox distribution

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

Thanks to the genius Mr Jay Abraham, we know there are only three ways to grow a business:

* Increase the number of clients
    * Increase the number of client transactions
    * Increase the average transaction amount

So, can you handle more clients? Do you want to be working more hours? If so, that’s one way to look at it …

Better, perhaps, is to increase the number of client transactions … can you offer some kind of incentive for people signing a 12 month contract with you? Can you show them that they need to use your services more often? Incentive wise, I would look at cross selling and bundling someone elses stuff – you don’t want to put too much of your own time into it or you’ll run out!

The third is to increase the average transaction amount – i.e. – put your prices up. (there’s other ways to increase transaction amount, but this is the most basic). To go from $710 to $1,000 (after tax? So let’s say approx $1,350 / week to allow for maximum personal tax) – you need to more or less double your prices.

Of course, you could do a combination of all three of the above …

10% more clients,
    10% more client transactions,
    10% price rise.

Quite often when people want to make more money, they JUST run after more clients … fact is, the people who have ALREADY bought from you are your greatest untapped source of potential income … they’ve bought once, as long as you are delivering, there’s a good chance you can get them to buy more and more often.

keepsmiling
    Up

THANKS A MILLION FOR ALL YOUR INFO
    I have printed it off and will take your advice
    thanks a million :)

FinSpec
    • Total posts: 54
    Up

Wise words Leela :)

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Think also about diversification. Are there any verticals you can get into based on what you do already. Can you offer your existing clients other services that you can do that they will benefit from – things like client followup, leaving client surveys etc.

With the letterbox run, are there other bit of paper you can shove in while you are there – maybe even look at creating some more by talking to local business and facilitating design and printing etc. Of course then look at helpers, so your value is in your smarts, not your legs ;)

richardshaw
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

You can even consider applying for grants given by your state to enhance your business.

abacus
    • Total posts: 174
    Up

One idea to increase your customer numbers without adding much to your hours spent letterbox dropping, would be to “letterbox drop” your own flyer to local small businesses.

I know when I have done letterbox drops it has been very difficult to get a small number dropped. The “companies” all want minimum qtys (5 or 10 thousand) I invariable end up coning friends kids into dropping for me at a rate higher than the companies charge but still works out cheaper.

You already have a run so for you to add a couple of extra flyers to the drop is not much extra work. Make up a mud map of where you drop now (and how often) and let small business know. :)

Good Luck.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.