Home – New Forums Marketing mastery All Avenues to Market

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jamesie
    • Total posts: 33
    Up
    ::

I have been running a couple of comedy and music fusion events recently and the shows themselves have been fantastic. We have brought in some great talent, provided a fantastic atmosphere and the attendees have been so happy with the events.
    Unfortunately, it has been really difficult to get the word out there at a price we can sustain.
    The first event was advertised on Facebook, including paid ads, local newspaper and radio. We ran competitions and give aways and also put up banners on the streets.
    The second show we kept the Facebook thing going and put the rest of our efforts in to TV advertising, this cost about the same but with far less effort and leg work than putting posters up everywhere. Both shows attracted a similar number of people.
    So, the question, have you guys used any tactics or combinations of styles to reach a broader audience? I am happy to put more time in and I can spend more coin for each event as long as the pay off is there.
    Thankfully the email list is growing, Facebook is gaining momentum with some engaged fans but we are still trying to figure out where and how much advertising is sensible for our shows.
    I am happy to be contacted by somebody knowledgeable and with experience in this area who can put some guidelines and plans in place to get more attendees to our next show.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up
    ::

Hi there, I noticed you didn’t get any replies on this post, but how are things going?

In my opinion, the key lies in the following part of your post:

Jamesie, post: 195154 wrote:
    the shows themselves have been fantastic. We have brought in some great talent, provided a fantastic atmosphere and the attendees have been so happy with the events.

This is a major milestone for your business – a great product and happy customers! And this achievement should be at the core of your marketing…

1) The easiest and most profitable people to reach are your existing customers. Leave a voucher for the next show on their seat, collect their email addresses in any way you can (online, but also offline – get them to enter a draw for free tickets). Make sure they come back – that way you’re building on a base of customers and not starting from scratch each time.
    2) Give them offers that they can send their friends – this is basically a referral system – and cost is low.
    3) Harvest all kinds of proof you can that prove your shows are great – photos, testimonials, reviews, video footage, whatever. You can get a lot of mileage out of these – send them in your emails, on your website, on social media, etc.
    4) Partner with companies who already serve people with similar interests. If you can give them something that makes them look good (discounts, freebies etc) then it’s win-win-win, for potentially zero cost.

Some ideas to give you a bit of focus. Good luck!

Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.