Home – New Forums Other discussions All dressed up and nowhere to go :-(

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up
    ::

I don’t have the car today. Hubby does. It’s at the train station, actually. We live 4 kms away from the train station in the hills. I was planning to go to a networking event in the city tonight and booked and paid for it, it included dinner and wasn’t a cheap night.

A business colleague of mine had told me the week before last he’d love to go to one of these meetings so I sent him the email and told him about it and he said he was booking to go and he could take me since I wouldn’t have the car. Great, I booked too. We last emailed on Thursday last week with the time he needed to pick me up.

Guess I should have rung him during the day to remind him of the event tonight. :( 5.30 came, I was dressed and ready to go out to the city and he didn’t arrive. 5.41 and I sent him a text. No answer, good he’s on the road I thought. 5.50 and he hadn’t arrived. Thought I better contact the organiser to say we were going to be late.

Then he rang me 3 mins later. He thought it was next week! He was still in his ‘daggies’ and he’s a good 15-20 mins away from my home. By the time he got here to pick me up and we got into the city the meeting would be half over and we would have missed the meal. I’ve texted the organiser to let them know we won’t be there. I don’t expect I’ll be eligible for a refund as they would have been catering for me as well. I don’t know what I’m more annoyed about, paying for an event and not being able to get there, or missing out on all the networking tonight and meeting up with people.

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

Ahhhhh that sucks……. hate it when things like that happen. :( Here’s to your next networking event going more smoothly! :)

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Is this the part where we get to roll our eyes and say “pfft. Men!” ?

I love getting out and networking so would feel exactly the same way. Hope your week improves! x

kathiemt
    Up
    TheGoldenGoose, post: 124099 wrote:
    Is this the part where we get to roll our eyes and say “pfft. Men!” ?

I love getting out and networking so would feel exactly the same way. Hope your week improves! x

Love it! Exactly how I felt.

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

Totally sucks. At least they didn’t have to do a special meal for you due to allergies etc.

sparker10
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Aww hun I know exactly how you feel. I was going to go out this weekend for a few drinks with the girls. I took 1 and half hours to get ready as I haven’t been out with them in a while and wanted to make the effort. After getting ready I was all in the mood for the fun to begin before I got a phone call to say that one of them was ill so it will have to be postponed to a later date. I took my make up off and put my PJs on and just went straight to bed…was devastated.

Corset Kylie
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

I would have been a little annoyed about missing out the meal, you should have made him take you out for dinner as compensation.

K

kathiemt
    Up
    Corset Kylie, post: 124159 wrote:
    I would have been a little annoyed about missing out the meal, you should have made him take you out for dinner as compensation.

K
    Not sure that would have been appropriate :) But I’ll see him tomorrow at a regular business meeting we both go to and I expect I’ll get a lot of apologies then too. I’ll find a way for him to make it up to me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.