Home – New Forums Marketing mastery All in one online marketing service

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Dale King
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hey Guys

So im trying to ascertain if there is any interest in a bespoke style online marketing service.

I have done this for a couple of local businesses in Australia, and they have been happy with the results so i am thinking of making a business out of it.

The service would offer:

A Managed PPC Campaign
    Social Media Marketing
    Landing page optimisation
    Web Design
    Newsletter Management
    Mobile Marketing.
    Market Testing and Research for new products.

What makes this service something of interest is 2 things:

1) its a “made to measure” service that doesn’t just apply a ‘marketing template’ in order to generate traffic with no little or no conversion

2) its a fire and forget service, you simply pay a fee and all marketing online is taken care for you, with monthly reports on progress, traffic, conversion rates etc.

Let me know if this is something your interested in, Happy to field questions on the issue, and also interested in “what would you like to see” feedback. Think about what frustrates you the most with your online marketing.

Cheers Guys
    D

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

I am sure there will be some here who would like a service like that.

It would be dependent on price, of course, but there are many out there asking big money, so a reasonable price would increase its appeal

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

I think King hit the nail on the head… would I be interested in such a service? Yes. But, it would absolutely be dependent on the cost. Could you provide us an idea of fee based on the couple of projects you have managed for local businesses previously?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Dale and welcome,

I hope you find some useful advice for your idea from our community.

As a newbie around here, you’ll find that people are most likely to contribute their ideas after they feel they’ve gotten to know you a little, so I’d recommend that you also start a post in the Introduce yourself section of the forum telling us all a little about yourself.

Nice to meet you, and welcome aboard :)
    Jayne

Dale King
    Up

Thanks for the feedback guys, and it isnt really a “please buy this” post, i’m really only looking to see if people replied with “Thats something i would be interested in” or a “That is a stupid idea and you are an idiot”

As for examples i am currently working on a talent agencies online presence (including a website rebuild) so i will post that when its done as an example of the service.

Price hasn’t been determined yet, and previous local businesses that i have worked with have had a varied approach to pricing. (Price dependant on external factors) Pricing will ultimately be determined in the latter stages of the testing phase. However i was thinking of doing two options, Basic and premium

Basic – Standard paid advertising, social media email campaign management
    Premium – Basic + Branding Consultation, Landing page optimisation, mobile marketing, graphic design etc.

PaulThomas
    • Total posts: 76
    Up

Hi Dale,

I have been doing exactly what you are thinking about doing for five years. I charge a monthly fee, with the amount based on client requirements and expectations.

I don’t do contracts, if the client is unhappy they are free to cancel … no one has cancelled yet. I get a steady monthly income and I never have to remind my clients that their contract is due for renewal.

I cover everything from brand development to social media marketing. I also do graphic design updates and SEO. All is inclusive, so I never have to quote. If I have a new lead I give them two options. Basically the client has access to a dedicated marketing department.

Does it work for me? Yep, I have two exisiting clients now starting new ventures on top of exisiting business and signing up with me again!

You do need to work hard to get exceptional results, but that’s what great businesses do, isn’t it! Build trust, ask questions about the prospects lives, kids, family, sport. You need to connect, then it works. It took me a while to get that part right.

My pricing starts at AUD$650.00 per month and usually up to AUD$780.00 per month. I use EziDebit for all transactions so the client doesn’t pay any charges.

That’s about it. The other alternative is to be a web designer fighting over price!

Hope this helps, but feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Cheers,
    Paul

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up
    PaulThomas, post: 115358 wrote:
    Hi Dale,

I have been doing exactly what you are thinking about doing for five years. I charge a monthly fee, with the amount based on client requirements and expectations.

I don’t do contracts, if the client is unhappy they are free to cancel … no one has cancelled yet. I get a steady monthly income and I never have to remind my clients that their contract is due for renewal.

I cover everything from brand development to social media marketing. I also do graphic design updates and SEO. All is inclusive, so I never have to quote. If I have a new lead I give them two options. Basically the client has access to a dedicated marketing department.

Does it work for me? Yep, I have two exisiting clients now starting new ventures on top of exisiting business and signing up with me again!

You do need to work hard to get exceptional results, but that’s what great businesses do, isn’t it! Build trust, ask questions about the prospects lives, kids, family, sport. You need to connect, then it works. It took me a while to get that part right.

My pricing starts at AUD$650.00 per month and usually up to AUD$780.00 per month. I use EziDebit for all transactions so the client doesn’t pay any charges.

That’s about it. The other alternative is to be a web designer fighting over price!

Hope this helps, but feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Cheers,
    Paul

Paul and Dale, (Paul you may already do this)

To me what would work well is if you had a very simple FEE Estimate calculator (For lack of a better word) whereby you can select whic services you’d be interested in and then end up with a quick estimate. I’d put an * next to estimate, being clear with people it is estimate only and to email or call for a precise quote.

This would let people get a feel for what it’s worth prior to being engaged.

Just a thought.

PaulThomas
    Up
    spinninghill, post: 115360 wrote:
    Paul and Dale, (Paul you may already do this)

To me what would work well is if you had a very simple FEE Estimate calculator (For lack of a better word) whereby you can select whic services you’d be interested in and then end up with a quick estimate. I’d put an * next to estimate, being clear with people it is estimate only and to email or call for a precise quote.

This would let people get a feel for what it’s worth prior to being engaged.

Just a thought.

Hi Michael,

That is a good point. However, after three years of testing and five years actively working with the model I have, small business owners are confused with all the options available to them.

It’s not practical to create an automated quoting system for the work I do. I need to meet with my clients discover the problems they are facing, present them with real case studies and show the results I achieve.

Virtually all businesses with an online presence have the same needs so the projects I work on have almost the same requirements regardless of industry!

There are no risks for any prospective clients I meet. In fact my brand promise is:

Our commitment is rock solid. In fact, if our service fails to increase your leads we will reimburse you in full, buy you lunch and give you two hundred dollars in Google AdWords credits. If other agencies aren’t willing to match this offer, you would have to ask yourself why.

As I mentioned, long term working relationships are grounded on on solid trust and awesome two way communication. Too many options tend to make the selection process very fuzzy for small business owners.

Great to get your feedback, it all helps!

Cheers,
    Paul

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

its normal for clients to ask you for additional services. once you earn their trust, they know that even if you can’t offer it, you will find someone who can.

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

As per King’s comments, yes I would be interested, but depends on price, ROI and contractual term

PaulThomas
    Up
    AgentMail, post: 115368 wrote:
    As per King’s comments, yes I would be interested, but depends on price, ROI and contractual term

Hi AgentMail,

My advice is not to enter any long term contracts. There is no point continuing a relationship if there are problems, and contracts generally aren’t worth the paper they are written on.

As far as ROI. Without sounding like I’m blowing my own trumpet, I advised a client to change his phone number. The next financial year he saw $100K return, thanks to that measurable piece of advice. He’s currently paying me $9K per year.

There are no magic marketing wands, ideas need to be relevant, they need to solve the client’s problem at hand, and … must be actioned at some point and then measured.

Finding one source who provides a range of services and delivers exceptional results for a manageable fee is not easy. But we do exist!

Cheers,
    Paul

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up
    PaulThomas, post: 115376 wrote:
    Hi AgentMail,

As far as ROI. Without sounding like I’m blowing my own trumpet, I advised a client to change his phone number. The next financial year he saw $100K return, thanks to that measurable piece of advice. He’s currently paying me $9K per year.

You have me curious! What was this change? A word form 1300 number? Or something else?

Maybe it’s a secret sauce you won’t want to share, but i’ve got a feeling there is something in this others can learn from?

PaulThomas
    Up
    marketingweb, post: 115378 wrote:
    You have me curious! What was this change? A word form 1300 number? Or something else?

Maybe it’s a secret sauce you won’t want to share, but i’ve got a feeling there is something in this others can learn from?

Hi marketingweb,

Yep! from a mobile number to a 1300 number. Marketing can be so simple, that’s why it is so complicated!

Cheers,
    Paul

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up
    PaulThomas, post: 115362 wrote:
    Hi Michael,

That is a good point. However, after three years of testing and five years actively working with the model I have, small business owners are confused with all the options available to them.

It’s not practical to create an automated quoting system for the work I do. I need to meet with my clients discover the problems they are facing, present them with real case studies and show the results I achieve.

Virtually all businesses with an online presence have the same needs so the projects I work on have almost the same requirements regardless of industry!

There are no risks for any prospective clients I meet. In fact my brand promise is:

Our commitment is rock solid. In fact, if our service fails to increase your leads we will reimburse you in full, buy you lunch and give you two hundred dollars in Google AdWords credits. If other agencies aren’t willing to match this offer, you would have to ask yourself why.

As I mentioned, long term working relationships are grounded on on solid trust and awesome two way communication. Too many options tend to make the selection process very fuzzy for small business owners.

Great to get your feedback, it all helps!

Cheers,
    Paul

Thanks Paul, now you mention it I can see how options would put some people off. I think the key thing though is that your line of would best be served custom made.

Good advice and shares.

Dale King
    Up

Thanks Guys for your input and Paul that has been especially helpful. I think the initial response has been good, now to just do some research on what i can do differently.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.