Home – New Forums Tell me straight… alta image – gone live!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    altaimage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 98
    Up
    ::

Hey everybody,

Finally got the new site up and running – still a few of the image galleries to push some content into (spend more time working on other people’s websites and tend to neglect our own!)

Would love a bit of feedback and to know people are going to like what they see, as a designer it’s always hard to critique yourself.

Hope you all enjoy what you see, new site’s live over at

http://www.altaimage.com.au
    [email protected]

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Hi Scott,

I honestly can’t fault your site – Love the design, very simple yet elegant, loaded super quick and contact details are easily located.

If I was to add anything further, it might be a call to action as nothing really jumped out to me as to what to do next.

– Jake

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Scott,

Like Jake, I really like your site. Very crisp =)

However, some parts of the Portfolios section are not working. For example, for the section you’ve called ‘Logo’s branding’, all I see is a black screen with a cross in the centre of it.

Incidentally ‘Logo’s branding’ isn’t grammatically correct – you don’t need the apostrophe before the S. You might be better off calling it ‘Logo design and branding’ as the plural of the word ‘logo’ (i.e. logos) is one of those words that never ‘looks right’ in writing.

Good luck with the new site.
    Jayne

altaimage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 98
    Up

Oh yes – I’ve got to sift through the text content but good call on the Logo’s/Branding issue!

I’m still working away in the background on the portfolio links but had to finally put my flag in the sand and get myself relaunched – hopefully in the next 24 hours it’ll all be 100%.

Great feedback on the call to action too, very good point and something I’ve probably overlooked – like I said – definitely very hard to critique yourself so thanks for the feedback, it really does help,

thanks for taking the time out to have a look around, much appreciated

All the best
    Scott
    http://www.altaimage.com.au

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

I quite like the clean look, however a few final touches would really make it sparkle.

• Some more obvious roll overs on the top menu – I like subtle too but…
    • The bottom half under the banner looks a little ‘template like’, a little more graphic design here would be nice.
    • The fonts change a little too much in the main banner for my liking.
    • The black bar under the banner looks a little out of place – it’s too strong.
    • Some more call to actions as Jake mentioned.

Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.