Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Alternatives to Community Engine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    incredibleconcepts
    • Total posts: 60
    Up
    ::

Hi Folks.

Do any of you know of websites equivalent to Community Engine?

I’d like to investigate ways to distribute and market our catalogue to potential customers.

Thanks,
    Steve.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi Steve,
    A 20 second look at your Home page seems to suggest this is yet another “review” website.

Ever since it was suggested that Google is using “reviews” in its algo, there has been a plethora of “review” sites published.

I’m guessing that many are attracted to this strategy because this sort of site can use “content scraping” software to create huge numbers of pages. You seem to be replicating the model with your 3.8 million pages. If I’ve misinterpreted your methods in my extremely cursory look, I appologise.

If I’m right, I think your site will be dead (deindexed by G) within 12 months.

Have you explored G’s position on “scraper programs”?

IMHO, you are likely to need a huge offline marketing budget to make a success of your website.

Good luck. I think you are going to need it.
    Regs,
    JohnW

incredibleconcepts
    Up

Hi John.

I don’t own Community Engine – it is not my website.

From what I hear, it has a lot of active users, which is a potential target market for our company.

I’m wondering if there are other websites with potential user bases to target.

I think you misread my question.

Cheers,
    Steve.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    incredibleconcepts, post: 154280 wrote:
    Hi John.

I don’t own Community Engine – it is not my website.

From what I hear, it has a lot of active users, which is a potential target market for our company.

I’m wondering if there are other websites with potential user bases to target.

I think you misread my question.

Cheers,
    Steve.
    Hi Steve,
    Yes, I’ve clearly misunderstood your question. My apologies for that.

I’d be very interested in any info you or anyone else has to share with us about this site’s usage.

Here’s all I can get from the web:

I don’t know what you mean by using this site for targeting your types of clients. Seems to me they list every business category under the sun. I did not pick up on any pointers to any particular target client types in my limited research.

I’m not seeing any info that suggests this is a major online communication opportunity so far. Hopefully, other FSs can expand on this.
    Regs,
    JohnW

incredibleconcepts
    Up

That is very useful information; thank you John.

We were considering using CE, but they don’t have suitable categories for us to list in.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.