Home – New Forums Other discussions Am i the only one who..??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

Now lets keep it business related (:o), finish this sentence on what you do at your desk…

Am i the only one who..??

I will start, maybe i shouldn’t, but i will…..

Am i the only one who is meant to be working their ass off and watching movies/tv series on the second computer screen whilst doing my accounts/sales followups and the likes?

Look forward to anyone else who is game..

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

Am I the only one who hopes their partner doesn’t come home whilst I’m singing along to my 70s Disco CD?

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    JohnTranter, post: 157912 wrote:
    Am I the only one who hopes their partner doesn’t come home whilst I’m singing along to my 70s Disco CD?

Hey John, thanks for the laugh.. i almost thought your were going to say… ‘hopes their partner doesn’t come home whilst i’m watching…. ‘

Be well
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 157917 wrote:
    Hey John, thanks for the laugh.. i almost thought your were going to say… ‘hopes their partner doesn’t come home whilst i’m watching…. ‘

I’m not sure which one would be more embarrassing.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Am I the only one checking Flying Solo and email on my spare laptop in the lounge room whilst watching The Voice? :)

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Love it Karen…. your comment only evokes additional thoughts.. maybe you need to look at a TV tuner for your desktop for larger screen and you can still convey the image of ‘being at work’ to the partner or.. oh i cant compete.. keep the laptop up watching the Voice,, but please open twitter and ask them why the judges dont get changed.. LOL

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

re maybe you need to look at a TV tuner for your desktop for larger screen

No, no, no … my office has a large 24″ drawing screen and using the laptop in the lounge room is a rest. I am lying on the couch with it checking in but still watching tv and hubby in the other chair.

I get ideas when I relax – hence the laptop. And a notebook to draw in. My better ideas happen when I relax a bit.

Some of what Seal and Joel comment is more life coach than singing coach and can be applied to me, so I am enjoying The Voice so far.

Cheers. :)

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    KarenC, post: 157920 wrote:
    Am I the only one checking Flying Solo and email on my spare laptop in the lounge room whilst watching The Voice? :)

LOL, Thats exactly what Im doing.

Steve

ScarlettR
    • Total posts: 396
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 157897 wrote:
    Am i the only one who is meant to be working their ass off and watching movies/tv series on the second computer screen whilst doing my accounts/sales followups and the likes?

Nope! I do that. I’m working my way through Buffy lol.

Am I the only one who wakes up every morning and asks herself “Can I sleep in this morning? I am the only one running my business… I don’t have to answer for anyone else”… and yet still forces herself up at 6am?

WhatsThePlanDan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 297
    Up

Has two laptops on their desk (personal and work) so they can work on personal stuff while their work laptop is “thinking”…??

Or perhaps considering building a small app for their work machine that automatically replies to certain individuals with a simple “please refer to previous conversation we had on this topic yesterday/last week/last month – the answers haven’t changed just like your questions haven’t” – don’t think anyone would notice I was missing at the moment if I did that!

I know I’m not the only one desperately counting down the days until I can kick this nasty day job habit!

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Am I the only one who has been sick with the flu for 2 weeks and still going to work every day?

@Dan
    , upgrade the memory and hard drive (to ssd) on your laptop, it will spend less time “thinking”.

Steve

ScarlettR
    • Total posts: 396
    Up

Oh Steve I feel for you! Luckily I haven’t been [*deleted so as not to curse myself*] since my business picked up in 2011, so I’ve not really taken a proper sick day since then.

This is also coming from someone who used to take a sick day every month or second week in the office, due to chronic anxiety. Running my own business seems to have the opposite effect which is bizarre. You’d think a lot of things would trigger my anxiety but I’ve become a very proficient organizer.

Am I the only one who is testing strategies for better time management/automation/marketing… and I’m surprised it’s actually working?

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Am i the only one jealous of Scarlett’s disposition? and reducing anxiety whilst being in their own business :confused: LOL

Re Steve, oh mate.. your poor thing… without taking a serious path, the reason i work for myself is my health.. i took rather ill with a heart issue a few years back that really interrupted the norm for me and 12 months after it, commenced my business… Best thing i ever did…. moving on….. better send you some vitamins to lift the immune system :)

Cheers
    Jason

Calcul8or
    Participant
    • Total posts: 481
    Up

Am I the only one not watching the voice?

Programmer. Analyst. Nerd. Calcul8ors.com.au Custom Software & Collaboration
    TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Am I the only one who lets my dog pull me up the hallway while I’m on my rolling office chair when I can’t think through a problem?

Yeah, thought so ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.