Home – New Forums Other discussions Am i the only one who..??

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1138357
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    0
    ::

    Oh Leah

    LOVE IT.. the visual association with ‘brainstorming’ has changed forever in my head… last thing i would ever think i would see is a ‘sleigh ride’ through the hall as a brainstorming session.. :D

    Maybe you need to remove the wheels and put static castors on.. :rolleyes:

    Jason

    Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    #1138358
    TheGoldenGoose
    Member
    • Total posts: 860
    Up
    0
    ::

    I have no idea what static castors do, but they sound rad :D

    He’s a bulldog x so has the pulling power. Good fun had by all!

    #1138359
    Mary Gardam
    Member
    • Total posts: 192
    Up
    0
    ::

    Wow there are some great ideas here, love your brainstorming method Leah!

    Am I the only one who has my wide screen divided into two halves with my 20 month old on one knee watching Guy Sebastian (don’t ask) film clips on one side while I’m trying to work, peering around her head, on the other half of the screen??

    Hope you are feeling better soon Steve.

    Mary

    #1138360
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    0
    ::

    Oh Mary,

    Widescreen, half work half baby sitter.. LOL

    From a mans perspective.. am i on the only one who wakes in the morning thinking, oh should i shave or not.. oh bugger it,,, nah can save myself 5 minutes and sleep a lil longer..

    Jason

    Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    #1138361
    WhatsThePlanDan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 297
    Up
    0
    ::
    Divert To Mobile, post: 157975 wrote:
    @Dan, upgrade the memory and hard drive (to ssd) on your laptop, it will spend less time “thinking”.

    Unfortunately it is not my laptop – it belongs to my full-time day job. And its more the shear volume of data it has to process that’s the issue rather than the hardware – it’s actually quite a beefy machine.

    #1138362
    Trisha
    Member
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    0
    ::
    Divert To Mobile, post: 157975 wrote:
    Am I the only one who has been sick with the flu for 2 weeks and still going to work every day?

    Steve

    No Steve, I have been too -been using lots of hand sanitiser as I don’t want to be spreading it around!
    Starting to recover and hope you are too!
    Trisha

    #1138363
    TigerEye
    Member
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    0
    ::

    Am I the only one who has to wrestle with the cat for desk space, and make sure that my little ball of fluffy trouble doesn’t either kick the laptop onto the floor, or cause it to “unexpectedly shut down”!?

    #1138364
    Breevree73
    Member
    • Total posts: 112
    Up
    0
    ::

    Am I the only one who finds it difficult to concentrate on one idea, when there are a million other great ones floating around in my head?? Thus the bane of working for yourself :)

    #1138365
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    0
    ::
    TigerEye, post: 158497 wrote:
    Am I the only one who has to wrestle with the cat for desk space, and make sure that my little ball of fluffy trouble doesn’t either kick the laptop onto the floor, or cause it to “unexpectedly shut down”!?

    Hey Tiger,

    LOL.. little cat causing grief, mine is this kids wanting to steal my cpu’s to use for games! or hogging the bandwidth and effecting my speed to do uploads etc.. :)

    Jason

    Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    #1138366
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    0
    ::
    Breevree73, post: 158552 wrote:
    Am I the only one who finds it difficult to concentrate on one idea, when there are a million other great ones floating around in my head?? Thus the bane of working for yourself :)

    Oh Bree,

    My issue isnt the million great ideas, its the million ideas i need to sift through to find one i can commit too.. LOL,..

    But i feel your pain,, what to focus on, what to work on, who to talk to about this idea, how much time do i have, etc etc.. Sounds like i would love to borrow you brain, just to locate 1 idea for lil ol moi ;)

    Cheers
    Jason

    Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    #1138367
    ScarlettR
    Member
    • Total posts: 396
    Up
    0
    ::

    Am I the only one who feels crushed under the weight of business and, in particular, networking in the same social circles my competition networks in and I feel myself shutting down with anxiety because of it?

    #1138368
    Lindz
    Member
    • Total posts: 254
    Up
    0
    ::

    Am I the only one who spends ages writing a post before deciding “Nah!” and hitting delete instead of the submit button? I almost did it with this one!

    All best,

    Lindsay

    #1138369
    Greg_M
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    0
    ::
    ScarlettR, post: 158641 wrote:
    Am I the only one who feels crushed under the weight of business and, in particular, networking in the same social circles my competition networks in and I feel myself shutting down with anxiety because of it?

    I think it’s pretty normal to feel overwhelmed some of the time by being in your own business, it’s a pretty constant companion when you have the right kind of focus.

    All I can say is, that if you accept it will happen sometimes, it does get easier with practise and time. It’s a good idea to find something you really like doing, and on the really crap days, just go do it, and remember you’re human.

    I’m in a reverse situation at the moment, I get anxious because I’m dissolving a business and there is no longer any pressure to do anything much … very weird after 40 years of long hours, focusing to survive, cut deals and satisfy clients.

    Never let your competition freak you out either ( they’re possibly more, or as, anxious as you are … if the truths out).

    What’s worked for me, is to concentrate on what I do, and pass no comment (or try to “out pitch” them socially) on the competition, unless it’s positive.

    If you can stay objective you may be able to steal a good idea or two-if their process is better. I’ve found it led to good longer term relations, and often collaboration with competitors. Some of these competitors actually became clients in later years (same industry – different service).

    #1138370
    ScarlettR
    Member
    • Total posts: 396
    Up
    0
    ::
    estim8, post: 158649 wrote:
    I think it’s pretty normal to feel overwhelmed some of the time by being in your own business, it’s a pretty constant companion when you have the right kind of focus.

    All I can say is, that if you accept it will happen sometimes, it does get easier with practise and time. It’s a good idea to find something you really like doing, and on the really crap days, just go do it, and remember you’re human.

    I’m in a reverse situation at the moment, I get anxious because I’m dissolving a business and there is no longer any pressure to do anything much … very weird after 40 years of long hours, focusing to survive, cut deals and satisfy clients.

    Never let your competition freak you out either ( they’re possibly more, or as, anxious as you are … if the truths out).

    What’s worked for me, is to concentrate on what I do, and pass no comment (or try to “out pitch” them socially) on the competition, unless it’s positive.

    If you can stay objective you may be able to steal a good idea or two-if their process is better. I’ve found it led to good longer term relations, and often collaboration with competitors. Some of these competitors actually became clients in later years (same industry – different service).

    Thank you estim8, as always wise words!

    Yesterday I wasn’t feeling well, which left me feeling pretty vulnerable to things I can usually deal with. I’m doing a lot of what you suggested, which is so important! To remember you’re not super human and you’re allowed to have your down days.

    As for my competition, definitely a good idea not to ‘out pitch’. I’ve made a point to myself to only encourage others in my industry and never speak negatively about them. They are, after all, out there trying to improve design just like I am and I won’t discourage that.

    #1138371
    Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up
    0
    ::

    Am i the only who gets frustrated because Tapatalk does not allow me to “like” a post?

    Business:

    Am I the only one on FS who doesn’t target solos and self employed newbies?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.