Home – New Forums Other discussions Am over the moon with excitement!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BB
    • Total posts: 215
    Up
    ::

I’m heading to Melbourne today – which in itself isn’t unusual, as I have family there and I also do a lot of business there.

But today is special – for tonight I’m attending the awards ceremony for the Smart 100. Yep – I’ve been chosen as a member!

The awards are for products and/or services that are innovative, entrepreneurial and have a degree of commercial reality. I am so chuffed!

For me, this means recognition that what my company does is innovative. I’ve always known this and it’s fabulous that now somebody agrees with me. Well, actually 1600 people agree as that’s how many people did the judging (over 6 months).

I don’t care what number I came – just being selected is enough to make me excited. (and for the past 2 weeks I’ve been ‘bustin my guts’ to tell you all)

B.B.

P.S. HHmmm… there has been a suggestion that I should take the word Budget out of the Company name, and replace it with the word Smart. (always knew that people don’t like the word budget)

Eco Manifesto
    • Total posts: 24
    Up

That’s fabulous and congratulations! Enjoy your night at the awards!

Great stuff!

Best wishes,
    Chrissy

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Well there ya go.
    ” your not just a pretty face then’

Congratulations #1.
    It matters not where you come your our #1, so enjoy enjoy enjoy
    What a great Easter Bunny present

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Wow, BB, that is awesome news!

While we’re delighted for you personally, it’s v. gratifying to know a soloist can make it on to the list. Anyone who thinks they’re too small to make an impact hasn’t been to bed with a mosquito, as Anita Roddick says.

Also, well done for winning the bureaux membership. The stars are definitely in your favour this month.

So very many congrats from everyone at FSHQ and have a blast at the awards.

Sam

Jexley
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

Yowzers, as excited as I am for you in this, I feel a bit silly that I’ve never even noticed your URL before! Seen zillions of your posts, and never noticed, for surely I would’ve checked that out.

Congrats, and I dig the name and vote you leave it. Heck, start up a new business called Smart Bitch. Or break ’em out into franchises! Think of the possibilities! Shopping Bitch, Shoes Bitch, Gardening Bitch… soon you’ll take over the WORLD.

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

Everything’s coming up Carmel!

You’re on FIRE right now!!!!

GO TEAM YOU!

MissieK
    • Total posts: 234
    Up

Woo Hoo! Congratulations.

Melissa

Renee Barber
    • Total posts: 360
    Up

B.B./Carmel :-)

That’s fantastic! I hope you let us know how the night goes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.